What's new

Anyone know anything about the cut scenes in Tennenbaums? (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I was just checking out the preview of RT:CC over at DVDshrine and it looks like a beautiful set. I saw this movie 3 or 4 times and just love the characters. I thought maybe y'all might know some stuff that got cut. I know that originally Olivia Williams had a role as Owen Wilson's wife, but I don't know if it's on the DVD or not. Any help?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Screeners have arrived - well, mine has, at least - so others should post reviews soon. I plan to watch these pieces later tonight, so I'll edit this message to make some comments about them...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I lied - I decided to add a post rather than just edit the old one so it'd bump the thread. Anyway, I watched all the supplements other than the audio commentary. There's some decent stuff, but I'm not particularly impressed as a whole.

As for the deleted scenes, we only get two of them. The second shows a little more of the courtship between Herbert and Ethel. The first depicts Eli's family, which does include Olivia Williams as his wife. It only lasts 33 seconds; the other ones goes for 113 seconds. Not exactly a wealth of unused material...

Colin you are barely impressed by anything, man! :D
I am very excited to see your review, this was my fave film of last year.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Colin you are barely impressed by anything, man!
Well, you have a point there!:) Hey, ya watch a 1400 or so DVDs and it becomes harder to feel floored!
In regard to the extras, it's not that Tenenbaums is a weak set, but considering a) it's a 2-DVD affair, and b) it's from Criterion, I expected more. I've not screened the commentary yet, but nothing else seemed terribly interesting. Interviews with cast? Good but nothing special. Albert Maysles documentary about Anderson? Good but nothing special. Again, it's a reasonably nice set, but there are MANY other superior packages out there...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks