What's new

Anyone know any tidbits about the Live Action TRANSFORMERS movie??? (1 Viewer)

I don't know if there are any Toy Collectors out there... there certainly does not seem to be many Transformers Fans out there due to the "high" reponse rate to this thread. In any event, I thought I would make mention of this here to let anyone else that is unaware of such things like I was in the toy industry. I imagine this is part of the "gearing up" process for the Live Action Movie that is in the works. I know it's been said that the developers of the film want to use the ORIGINAL story line of the Transformers, so it's only fitting that they are doing the following in the toy industry.

Remember the day when Cartoons were awesome and fun to watch??? Saturday Morning Cartoons... After school Cartoons??? Such as GI JOE, Thundercats, Wheeled Warriors, Mask, GoBots, and Transformers!! Man I miss those days. :frowning: But as I stept into Toy R Us yesterday to simply pick up Freedom Fighters for $20... something caught my eye. A rather Large Transformers display. So of course I walked on over to check out these "new" iterations and sometimes bastardations of the toys I grew up and loved... you know... the ALL plastic, NEON colored toys of today. Well I was plesantly surprised to see that Newest editions of Transformers were NOT that bad. They even had these new "Re-creation" series... where Side Swipe was now a Dodge Viper. But then I finally saw it. CLASSIC TRANSFORMERS in new comemerative boxes. Red Alert, Inferno, Prowl, Jazz, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. I finally picked out one Deceptacon and one Autobot, Skywarp and Jazz respectively. :)

SKYWARP

JAZZ

But of course... to every good thing... there is a bad thing... these puppies cost anywhere between $30 - $40. However to me they are well worth it. They are still made with Metal Exactly like before... they even come with a sheet of decals to add to your Transformer... and the box has a nifty Velcro flap so you dont even have to take the toy out to look at it. Of course me... i had to take it out. I took out Jazz first and just held it in my hand grinning like an 8 year old boy at christmas. Now the Test... Could I transform it (something no adult could usually figure out) and yes, yes I could... so before I knew it i was shooting imaginary enemies with my own sound effects included, sitting in my car in the parking lot.

The toys seem to be seperated into several different "series" I think there is now series (I-VI) at this time. Unfortunately... Two of the most important Transformers, Optimus Prime and StarScream (series I & II) are sold out around here and online. So if any of you guys see these in a toystore... PLEASE let me know... I'll send ya a check to pay for it and shipping!

So tell me.... Is this exciting news.... or am I just a babbling idiot? :p

Oops... in my excitement over the whole toy thing... I forgot to mention this other Movie buzz tidbit about the Director of the movie :D The following is from IGN...

All sounds like great news to me... IF true. ;)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Damn, getting Bob Zemeckis in there would be great.

h, and Timothy, those toys are beyond cool. I think the lower response rate to this thread is the fact that at this point, nothing is known about the film, so there was simply nothing to say. If you search for the earlier thread announcing the movie, there was a lot more input. I just hope the movie uses the classic versions of the characters and not some of the later drek.

Ahhh... I see... I skimmed for an earlier post... but I guess I did not skim far enough. Well thanx for the heads up chris. :) My Guess is that they are gonna use the original story line of the 80's, but with Cars and Planes of today. Which would be perfectly fine to me. :D

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Is there something wrong with me being 23 and really wanting to buy the Transformer toys Timothy posted?

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck

Hey, I probably would if I had the money. :D

I was about to jump up and turn double-backflips at the thought of Robert Zemeckis directing a Transformers movie released by New Line Cinema, and then I read the rest of the newsbit. :rolleyes:Well, here's hoping. :emoji_thumbsup:

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I don't see how a live version could be made. Unless all the robots are CGI.

When the Transformers toon movie was made in the 80's, it bombed at the theaters.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

It sure did. But it gained a loyal following on video and DVD. Plus you've got almost 20 years of nostaligia building... I think the live-action movie will do just fine. :emoji_thumbsup:

James Waddell

Auditioning
I've been buying a few Japanese imports Tranformers. So far I've got Sideswipe from the Binaltech series (and Smokescreen and Hound en route hopefully) and the awesome Optimus Prime masterpiece edition.

I'd post an image of them but I haven't made enough posts to link to an outside site. :frowning:

I hope the new film turns out to be great, though I'm not holding my breath. In any case, it won't have Orson Welles as Unicron will it. :D

hehehe.... OF COURSE NOT! I am 28... And I have bought three of them now... AS WELL as Season 1 of the Transformers on DVD... all that in less than a week. Although I need to wait till next pay day for more ;)

James Waddell

Auditioning
Probably, although I wore out my VHS tape of the movie by watching it three times every Saturday morning during the second half of the Eighties. :D

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Of course not, I remember the Transformers: The Movie coming out when I was a young 'un. My friend of course had to tell me that Optimus Prime dies, and I was in disbelief.

TF: The Movie is still a "guilty pleasure" of mine. It's actually quite ambitious and the battle sequences would easily rack up a $150 million dollar budget to do in live action today. Gotta love that 80s metal soundtrack too, heh.

Anyways I can already see a teaser trailer for Transformers -- a guy driving around in a car, gets out, cue the "transforming" sound, camera pans up to reveal the car has turned into a towering robot -- cut to Transformers 2006 logo. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks