What's new

Anyone know about the new Emmanuelle dvds? (1 Viewer)

Brian Duke

Grip
Just noticed there are a bunch of Emmanuelle dvds coming out that Krista Allen starred in. There is also a box set I believe. Does anyone know if these are the original movies or have they been censored down? I assume the box set contains all the dvd's?

Emmanuelle In Space: A Time To Dream

Emmanuelle In Space: Concealed Fantasy

Emmanuelle In Space: Lesson of Love

Emmanuelle In Space: One Last Fling

Emmanuelle In Space: The Meaning of Love

Emmanuelle In Space (TV Series)

Emmanuelle In Space Collection

Thanks,

Brian

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea what these movies are, but I think that "Emmanuelle In Space: Lesson of Love" isn't watered down...from what I've heard (it is softcore after all)...the others don't get released until later this month...:crazy:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No, these are New Concorde titles. AB is supposed to be doing Emmanuelle in 2002 (pun intended). no idea what these are...

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Damn, don't get me excited like that! For a second there, I thought you were talking about some new Emmanuelle Beart dvds!

Ed Francisco

Stunt Coordinator
These are the same titles as thos in the VCD collection. If the content is the same, they should be the uncensored versions that show Krista in all her glory :D

Brian Duke

Grip
I hope they're the same, but I'd like to find out for sure. If anyone views one, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
According to their website, the Anchor Bay EMMANUELLE DVD's are actually scheduled for early 2003. EMANUELLE IN AMERICA (correct spelling) is one of the notorious Joe D'Amato / Laura Gemser Italian variants of the series, whilst I think GOODBYE EMMANUELLE and one or two others are from the Sylvia Kristel titles.

The European company Italian Shock will also be releasing D'Amato's EMANUELLE AND THE LAST CANNIBALS sometime over the next few months. Folks who are fans of the Sylvia Kristel titles will not necessarily care for the D'Amato/Gemser flicks, especially EMANUELLE IN AMERICA... It's nice to see obscure sexploitation getting a release, anyway.

Brian Duke

Grip
I may have to check that one out with Sylvia Kristel someday, but I'm mainly interested in the ones that came out this week with Krista Allen. Seems like I heard once that there was a censored version of these that came out on tape or something, so I wanted to try and find out if these are the originals or not before I buy one.

- Brian

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Brian, keep in mind that these were never hardcore, always softcore. With that in mind, I don't see anything that suggests they were edited down. They are pretty, um, revealing, but not explicit.

Oh, did I say "I"? I meant, my friend.

I still have no idea what these movies are about.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I don't think we'll see any of Meyer's stuff out on DVD for a while. The last time I asked Image about it (they released the LDs) it was indicated Meyer wanted to do the DVDs himself through his own label, but I don't think it has been a real priority. I do hope he does more commentary if he does release his films, as the ones on the Vixen boxset are better than the movies.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Hard to find a delicate way to say this, but I've read elsewhere on the web that Meyer's health is declining in a fairly serious way - not sure if Alzheimer's disease was mentioned or not, but the suggestion was that Russ is currently in a somewhat poor state. I'd be happy to hear that this is incorrect, but if it's accurate it could be something for fans to consider while they wait for Russ to move forward and action DVD releases of his own back catalogue.

The current EMMANUELLE titles mightn't contain hardcore, but EMANUELLE IN AMERICA sure does. The 'uncut' listing of the title on Anchor Bay's 'Upcoming Releases' page is still making folks at other chat boards argue and shake their heads. Quite a controversial movie, I doubt it'll be getting an 'Obi's Pick of the Week' gong when it finally comes out. Can't wait to buy it myself, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks