Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB?

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Chip
I was looking at the math for my next sign up, and it would actually be slightly beneficial for me to skip the $8.95 selection. Since Ant-Man and Incredibles 2 are both $24.99, the average price per movie would be $8.59 or $8.55.

Yes, it's only 4 cents, but it is $9 that I don't have to spend right now, and it allows for one more movie to choose from in a future sign up. Four (soon to be five) enrollments over the past year has seriously cut down my Disney wish list, making it harder to put together a sign up order.

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Chip
Here is the list of bonus selections as of 9/26/18:

Wrinkle in Time
Peter Pan
Return to Neverland
Black Panther
Lion King
Coco
Moana
Thor Ragnarok
Beauty and the Beast (live action)
Incredibles
Bambi
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Frozen
Toy Story
Monsters Inc
Beauty and the Beast (animated)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Snow White
Brave
Tangled
Up
Lady and the Tramp
Pinocchio
Ant-Man
Inside Out
Big Hero 6
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Princess and the Frog
Good Dinosaur
Dr. Strange
Finding Nemo
Wreck-It Ralph
Captain America: Civil War
Cars 3
Lion King 2
Finding Dory
Maleficent
Fox and the Hound 1/2
Avengers
A Bug's Life
Zootopia
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Aristocats
POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Alice in Wonderland (animated)
Pocahontas 1/2
Toy Story 2
Aladdin 2/3
Jungle Book (live action)
Cars

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Chip
Still waiting for confirmation on that. I saw the print out of the email for that code and it is confusing. If it does contain FS even if just for those 1st 2 commitments then it's a pretty good deal and if it's FS for the life of the account then it's really major. The 61749 code is the intriguing code right now, but still some unknowns to drill down.
I can confirm that the free shipping at least extends to the 2 commitments. I got it for AM/Wasp and Incredibles 2. There was an option for "Priority Shipping" that would have cost me $10.44, but seeing as how these are preorders, that just seemed like a waste of money.

As mentioned above, I took the $11.95 offer, but declined the $8.95 offer. With the free shipping on everything, my average for 8 movies is $7.87 each. The $8.95 movie would have adjusted the average up to $7.99.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Excellent. If you run a cart with several items does it still show FS at the checkout cart?

I saw that list over on Bluray,com (not sure if it was yours or just an identical list).
I thought it odd that Lion King and Lion King 2 were on the automatic list, but not Lion King 1.5

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Chip
Yeah, I just tested another order, selecting two blu-rays, and it showed $0 shipping.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, I just tested another order, selecting two blu-rays, and it showed $0 shipping.
Dang. I don't need to do a new membership, but I might have to figure out how to if that's that case. Full FS on all orders would be a major perk esp if you get the B1G60% bonus Offer a few days after your Mickey Ears fill in.

That's a MAJOR new thing if it holds

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
magicman
As mentioned above, I took the $11.95 offer, but declined the $8.95 offer. With the free shipping on everything, my average for 8 movies is $7.87 each. The $8.95 movie would have adjusted the average up to $7.99.
It might've raised slightly your initial shipment average, but it deducts one additional item required to complete your membership, thus lowering your overall average.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
It might've raised slightly your initial shipment average, but it deducts one additional item required to complete your membership, thus lowering your overall average.
Maybe I misunderstanding your meaning, but the 7th item doesn't change your overall commitment number at all.

5 for $1 + Bonus 1/1st Commit for $11.95 + FS
2 x $24.95 (Commit 2 and 3) with FS
62.85 for 8 items 7.86ea

vs
5 for $1 + Bonus 1/1st Commit $11.95 + Bonus2 8.95 + FS
2 x 24.95 (Commit 2 and 3) with FS
71.80 for 9 items $7.98ea

The 7th basically makes no difference in the end unless you want an extra item for the essentially the same average cost (0.10 extra per item)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So glad I just canceled my Disney Movie Club membership and I am not looking back.

This is the second time I have had to pay for return postage to send back an auto title that I had really thought I canceled.

Twice this happened, and in both cases, I am 99% sure I turned down the title. After all, Disney sends me the opportunity to turn it down via email every month.

Just got fed up with having to keep on top of these auto-mailings.

And then, when I called Disney Movie Club to cancel, I was really put off by the electronic operator system that takes you in circles in an attempt to reach a live customer agent.

Even when I tried to cancel, they wanted to upgrade me to a VIP membership where I did not have to reply to auto-mailings and I would get further discounts. It is free for the first year and $20 annually after that.

When I turned that down and asked for my membership to be canceled, they confirmed the cancelation but then tried to sell me THE INCREDIBLES 2 on Blu-ray for $20.

Just a really awful customer support system.

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
magicman
Maybe I misunderstanding your meaning, but the 7th item doesn't change your overall commitment number at all.

The 7th basically makes no difference in the end unless you want an extra item for the essentially the same average cost (0.10 extra per item)
Every time that I've signed up, and gotten that additional item, it always counted towards my membership requirement, thus lowering my overall costs.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Every time that I've signed up, and gotten that additional item, it always counted towards my membership requirement, thus lowering my overall costs.
The 1st Bonus item does and lowers the total from 3 to 2. As far as I'm aware the 2nd Bonus pick (7th item) has never counted as a commitment as far as I'm aware even going back to the late 2000's when Blurays became eligible.

I assume there may be a promo somewhere that allowed 2 commitments in the initial offer, but surely if started at least 4 commitments so I guessing you still end up with at least 2 full priced items. I've never seen an offer that allowed the Enrollment package with only 1 Full priced item required afterwards

The 7+2 offer has been considered the classic best offer, but if you come up with a 6+1 or 7+1 I'm all in.

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Chip
I was poking around the DMC site tonight after declining the featured title, and noticed an offer to upgrade my preference to blu-ray and get a blu-ray for $4.99 plus free shipping. I've only seen the offer on the page for the Disney Junior Christmas special DVD.

Funny part is that I've already got blu-ray set as my preference.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
I was poking around the DMC site tonight after declining the featured title, and noticed an offer to upgrade my preference to blu-ray and get a blu-ray for $4.99 plus free shipping. I've only seen the offer on the page for the Disney Junior Christmas special DVD.

Funny part is that I've already got blu-ray set as my preference.
It's popped up on/off for years, but it rarely has ever worked. I think I've tried it a couple times, but it either wouldn't let
me go through checkout or it would never process. It's worth a shot since I've heard of a couple people end up with a cheap disc, but
it rarely works so go in with low expectation.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Jason
I got an email offer yesterday for free shipping through mid-November with the purchase of one regular priced title. I haven't logged in yet, but for any lovers of FS...

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
I’m now considering a third go round on another DMC membership to help round out my Disney Classic Library. It may be possible now that I could use the email address I used on the first membership since it’s been so long.
Also considering not even canceling the second DMC membership (under my wife’s name) to keep getting those occasional VIP benefits.

Any thoughts on this?

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
I’m now considering a third go round on another DMC membership to help round out my Disney Classic Library. It may be possible now that I could use the email address I used on the first membership since it’s been so long.
Also considering not even canceling the second DMC membership (under my wife’s name) to keep getting those occasional VIP benefits.

Any thoughts on this?
Re-using email addresses isn't a problem. Many people just use the same address and cancel/rejoin immediately. Gmail makes it so easy to make a new address I always switch to a new email address just to keep things as separate as possible.

Doubling up on same address (if that's what you mean) is a different problem entirely and DMC doesn't allow that at all. It's supposed to be one active acct per household though it actually seems to be by shipping/billing address. Not only will they often block/cancel the new acct, but they sometimes will cancel the original acct and ban that address from further signups. I can't warn against that strong enough.

I used to have double accts with a Home and Work address in the past without problems, but the shipping/billing/CC were completely separated (even slightly different zip code) so other than the name nothing else overlapped

With the new 61749 code and what appears to be permanent Free Shipping it certainly makes rejoining a really good deal if you have enough items to make an order. Also with the new legal decisions, around Oct 1 Sales Tax just expanded to about 30 states though I think Florida is still OK. I'm considering a cancel/rejoin just to lock in the Free Shipping though the new COCO Blanket is enticing, but I'm at the point I really don't have 6 or 8 items ready to go

John Sparks

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
John Sparks
Just waiting for THE BLACK HOLE and 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA! Maybe Disney will release them before us oldsters die!

Reactions: ahollis

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
Re-using email addresses isn't a problem. Many people just use the same address and cancel/rejoin immediately. Gmail makes it so easy to make a new address I always switch to a new email address just to keep things as separate as possible.

Doubling up on same address (if that's what you mean) is a different problem entirely and DMC doesn't allow that at all. It's supposed to be one active acct per household though it actually seems to be by shipping/billing address. Not only will they often block/cancel the new acct, but they sometimes will cancel the original acct and ban that address from further signups. I can't warn against that strong enough.

I used to have double accts with a Home and Work address in the past without problems, but the shipping/billing/CC were completely separated (even slightly different zip code) so other than the name nothing else overlapped

With the new 61749 code and what appears to be permanent Free Shipping it certainly makes rejoining a really good deal if you have enough items to make an order. Also with the new legal decisions, around Oct 1 Sales Tax just expanded to about 30 states though I think Florida is still OK. I'm considering a cancel/rejoin just to lock in the Free Shipping though the new COCO Blanket is enticing, but I'm at the point I really don't have 6 or 8 items ready to go
Thanks for the info. I find it quite useful.

I just got my Featured Selection email (
Incredibles 2) for Blu-Ray and now may be the time to “flip” accounts. The FS is for the Blu edition but of course I’d want the 4K instead.
What I’d like to do is make I2 the first of my three required purchases which you can do at a discount during sign-up. Hope DMC will allow it.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I find it quite useful.

I just got my Featured Selection email (
Incredibles 2) for Blu-Ray and now may be the time to “flip” accounts. The FS is for the Blu edition but of course I’d want the 4K instead.
What I’d like to do is make I2 the first of my three required purchases which you can do at a discount during sign-up. Hope DMC will allow it.
It would extremely unlikely I2 would be allowed as one of you first 6 or 7 purchases and especially not the 4K edition assuming you were talking of doing that now. Usually the Bonus picks come from the same general list as enrollment picks. Brand New release items aren't usually enrollment eligible until 60 days after release and to date nobody has gotten any of the 4K items allowed during initial enrollment

I think FS would apply for I2 4K now too since the current VIP offer should apply FS to all orders.

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Chip
Is Mary Poppins (the original) not enrollment eligible? And what kind of digital copy does it come with?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topreplay