What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sure... It's always nice to know.

This was the List of 50 BD options for the Bonus Selections at the beginning of February. They seem to tweak the exact list every few weeks, but this should be a starting point. If you have a group or 6 or 7 you know you want, then this is helpful to know whether to pick it in the first 5 or bump it until #6 or 7 if it's not in both groups.

These are listed in the order they show up as you scroll through the list instead of alphabetically.
Cars 3
Moana
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Beauty and the Beast (Live 2017)
Bambi (Signature)
Finding Dory
Frozen
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Inside Out
Guardians of the Galaxy 1
The Lion King (Signature)
Snow White (Signature)
Beauty and the Beast (Signature)
The Lion King 1.5
The Lion King 2
Hocus Pocus
Tangled
Pinocchio (Signature)
Big Hero 6
Monsters, Inc
Toy Story
Doctor Strange
UP
Princess and the Frog
Disneynature: Born In China
The Good Dinosaur
Maleficent
Pete's Dragon (Live)
Zootopia
Cinderella (Live)
Fox and the Hound 2 Film (non-exclusive version it appears)
Cars
Jungle Book (Live)
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Mary Poppins
Aristocats (appears to be the old version without Digital)
Wreck It Ralph
Captain America: Civil War
The Incredibles
Brave
Finding Nemo
Pocahontas 2 Film
Ant-Man
Ratatouille
Bug's Life
The BFG
Nightmare Before Christmas
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Dumbo (I think 70th Anniv)
Alice In Wonderland (Anim 60th Anniv)

Again -- pretty much any of the 300+ enrollment eligible BD's can be taken as a bonus item over the phone, but are not on the enrollment website or among this Select Group of 50. There used to be a relatively big group of unofficially eligible items that weren't on either site though the Phone Reps would usually OK, but they seem to have clamped down of that in the last 6+ months. Some people have been able to get a few 3D items however, so it's still possible if you want to roll the dice.

These are the 3D items still available through DMC though none are officially eligible for enrollment though all count as commitment/fulfillment purchases of course. The list used to be close to 40-45, but several items that used to be available have been d/c, removed, or sold out.

Alice In Wonderland 3-Disc Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Ant-Man Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + Digital HD
Avengers 3-Disc Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Avengers: Age Of Ultron Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + Digital HD
Brave Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Captain America: The Winter Soldier Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + Digital HD
Captain America: Civil War Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + Digital HD
Cars Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy
Chicken Little Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD
Doctor Strange Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Finding Dory Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Finding Nemo 4-Disc Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
G-Force Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD
Ghosts Of The Abyss Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD
Gnomeo & Juliet Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy (Spanish)
Good Dinosaur Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Guardians Of The Galaxy Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + Digital HD
Inside Out Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Iron Man 3 Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy
Jungle Book (2016) Collector's Edition Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Meet The Robinsons Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD
Moana Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Monsters, Inc. 4-Disc Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY: Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy
Oz The Great And Powerful 3D Blu-ray + Digital Copy
Planes Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Collector's Edition Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Tangled 3-Disc Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + Digital Copy
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD +Digital Copy
Toy Story 3-Disc Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Tron: Legacy 3-Disc Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Up 4-Disc Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Wreck-It Ralph 3-Disc Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD
Zootopia Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Most of the time they ship items as they are available. The only time I can remember them holding my order was when the
preorder was going to release in less than 10 days.

I am reading that Saludos Amigos is OOS at the warehouse and Disney is sending messages it may be a 2-3 wk delay. It's been a long
time since I can remember a newer item being OOS. I've seen older items or specialty items like some 3D titles and TV sets, but rarely such a high profile release. I think that may be a good sign to show Disney that some of the older classic titles have a pent up demand.

If that happens again with Freaky Friday and hopefully Parent Trap that might push them back to releasing more of those real types -- and ???Maybe even a wide release possibility.
I would say maybe it would push Fantasia a bit harder, but the true Vault Titles seem to have their own plans and I still think it and Peter Pan are the next two vault titles being teed up and maybe boht this year.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Does Disney hold orders if you have a preorder as part of your purchase?
My order to fulfill the two commitments in this go around was for Thor 3 and Star Wars 8. I placed the order circa February 21, and got both blu-rays on the day before their respective official disc release. And they only charged the $1.49 shipping for Star Wars.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As has been expected for a few months, these items are now up for preorder at DMC.
No Release date though June 5 has been floated. Only placeholder pictures are up for now.

Peter Pan Blu-ray +DVD +Digital Signature Release

Peter Pan: Return to Neverland Bluray +DVD +Digital -- (DMC Exclusive)

Now up for speculation is what item(s) will pop up in the Aug-Nov range. Fantasia has been rumored for about a year possibly getting a new release. Fantasia/F2000 have historically almost been released in Nov or Dec for XMAS, but it's the only Vault series Classic that has never been given a Label Release (Platinum, Diamond) thought it's always been considered an Honorary title. Could Fantasia be a Fall release, or will they move it to Nov again and slide a Princess movie into the Aug/Sept slot (Cinderella, Little Mermaid ?)

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
" FANTASIA ", as one of Disney's supreme (to many THE supreme) animated classic, may be considered a 'mainstream' film but it has a definite arthouse quality to it, as well. It's the one Disney animated film I could see going Criterion...

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
For a buy 1, get 60% off deal, can a preorder count? For example, can I order Infinity War as the full price title?

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Your mileage may vary, but I did that in the last 60% off sale. Wrinkle in Time 4K preorder as full price title. Black Panther 4K pre-order and 11 other titles at the discount (I tend to wait until I have a backup before ordering from the club).

The club did not allow the same thing with Last Jedi, Thor Ragnarok and Coco 4K pre-orders.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Your mileage may vary, but I did that in the last 60% off sale. Wrinkle in Time 4K preorder as full price title. Black Panther 4K pre-order and 11 other titles at the discount (I tend to wait until I have a backup before ordering from the club).

The club did not allow the same thing with Last Jedi, Thor Ragnarok and Coco 4K pre-orders.
I know it may not mean anything, but AWIT is a Disney title and the other titles are LucasFilm and Marvel (receptively). As acquisitions, I think the club handles them differently from the directly Disney products ...even though everyone thinks of them as the same company ... I suspect FOX might be treated the same way ...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I received a survey yesterday from DMC re: potential Incredibles 2 swag packages. They essentially showed a "box" of products and asked if I would be interested in purchasing them together in the future as well as which products caught my eye.

Most of the boxes included the BD/DVD combo of the movie plus things like mugs, t-shirts, coloring books, etc. The prices sounded decent (sub $40 for all of them), but none of the boxes held my interest. Just thought I'd relay that here.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I know it may not mean anything, but AWIT is a Disney title and the other titles are LucasFilm and Marvel (receptively). As acquisitions, I think the club handles them differently from the directly Disney products ...even though everyone thinks of them as the same company ... I suspect FOX might be treated the same way ...

Preorders should be handled the same way as current items as far as counting as commitments or triggering the B1G% off deals as teh "Most expensive item" in your basket.

New releases and Preorders seem to be random whether they are allowed to be the %Off item -- I haven't noticed a diff in Lucas, Marvel or Disney. Some 4K are allowed discounts during preorder or 1st month release, some BD are allowed discounts, and even with the same title one format may be allowed while a different format not. I don't think it's quite random, but it's neither predictable nor a Disney/Marvel/Lucas related.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I received a survey yesterday from DMC re: potential Incredibles 2 swag packages. They essentially showed a "box" of products and asked if I would be interested in purchasing them together in the future as well as which products caught my eye.

Most of the boxes included the BD/DVD combo of the movie plus things like mugs, t-shirts, coloring books, etc. The prices sounded decent (sub $40 for all of them), but none of the boxes held my interest. Just thought I'd relay that here.

I wonder if they're thinking about getting into the subscription mystery box business. I'm not a fan, but I have a number of friends who are happy to pay $20 a month to get a mystery box filled with things like you described.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That's a good guess, Josh. There are a couple boxes out there that have tempted me, but I've stayed away.

Honestly, if Disney/DMC is going to get into that arena, they need to come up with stuff no one else can get, not fairly generic mugs and coloring books.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those that have been waiting for many of the new Exclusives to become available as initial enrollment items, it's getting close.
Freaky Friday pair, Saludos Amigos , Coco, Thor Ragnarok, Lady and Tramp all are now eligible as well as the the other 4 lesser Exclusives released in Jan/Feb

Parent Trap(s) and Holes are still too new for the initial 5 for $1 offer (6 for $13/7 for $22) orders, but can be used to satisfy the 'Full Priced Commitments." Parent Trap released late April so those could be eligible as first choices as early as the last week of June though I suspect it will be sometime in July given the current 60-90 day wait period)

After 5 straight months and 11 new Live Action Exclusive releases (13 counting the 2 animated sequels) in 2018 it appears that DMC is taking a break. The Exclusives have never been exactly predictable so it;s unknown when the next set will show up

For anyone wanting to join, I implore you to read the FAQ at at the link and digest the details. With recent changes it now at least conceivable for US Customers to get 8 Disney Blurays for as little as $53 (or 9 for $62) though most people will end up $10-20 more for the 8 or 9 items.

For US customers anything worse the 5 for $1 with only 2 Full Priced commitment after buying your first 6 items isn't the best signup deal (for Canada 5 for $2 and 3 commitments after your 1st Bonus Enrollment item is the current best deal). There plenty of 4 for $1 promotions which are never as good since most of those and some other 5 for $1 Offers require 4 or 5 full priced items.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

Best Deal summary
Initial 5 choices for $1 (around 300 current eligible Bluray and 1000 DVD) with Free Shipping and you Commit to buy 3 Full Priced (now reg price $19.95 or more) Movies within over 24 months.
1st Optional Bonus item during enrollment -- $11.95 and counts as your 1st Fulfillment/Commitment purchase (I can't find a scenario which is ever good to defer)
2nd Optional Bonus -- $8.95, but is not counted as a commitment. A good deal, but really doesn't affect the overall average price/item of the full Enrollment Cycle whether you take it or not.
2 Required Full Priced (reg price 19.95+ S/H if they don't have a Free Shipping deal) over next 24 months then you can quit without cause.

Current Best Deal US promo codes -- enter promotion code by using option at the bottom of the Front Sign-Up Page
Blanket is soft Polyester blend, Toddler size and pretty nice though more decoration or kids comfort Blanket than warmth and about 36 x 50in.
47256 & 48805 NO blanket
comes with bonus Lightning McQueen blanket
50503 with Finding Dory blanket
50822 Moana blanket

For Canada (except Quebec) make sure to go to the bottom of page and click "Canadian Residents" the only good code for a while has been 47703 includes Finding Dory Blanket

Current Best Canadian Deals
Initial 5 titles for $2 with Free Shipping with commitment to buy 4 Full Priced (reg price $19.95 or more) items within 24 months
1st Optional Bonus item -- $14.95 and counts as your 1st Fulfillment/Commitment purchase
2nd Optional Bonus -- $9.95, but is not a commitment
3 Required Full Priced (reg price 19.95+ S/H if they don't have a Free Shipping offer) over next 24 months then you can quit without cause.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Other than lack of extras (and slipcovers after the first few) the Exclusives Line has normally provided very nice discs -- not quite up to WAC level, but pretty close and I'm guessing much of the Exclusive Material wasn't top of line elements even in the beginning.

No complaints from me. I' just end up keeping most of my DVD sets for the extras for those that had them to begin with like Parent Trap and Swiss Family

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I did get Infinity War as the "full priced" item, but it would not let me add the lithograph for free. Not really complaining since I'm not in it for lithographs, and the rest of the movies I ordered are coming in around or under my average for all of the blu-rays I've gotten through the club this year.

Normally, I wouldn't be interested in the B1G% offers as it's usually cheaper to just cancel and re-enroll. However, it did not appear that I could get the versions of Alice in Wonderland and Dumbo with digital codes via enrollment. The only other option would have been to use those as commitment titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks