What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Typically people who have issues getting credit cards use debit cards as a "credit card". When I worked at a hotel people couldn't understand why there was a hold on their card since they would be paying cash at checkout and if they didn't have enough money to cover the charges that it would decline (unless they had overdraft protection -which was a whole other matter as banks used to be um not as open about advising that in some cases overdraft protection was a high interest loan to prevent the charge from being declined) ...

I understand that for folks that can't get a regular CC, but I know lots of folks who easily could get a CC still insist on using the Debit.
Prepaid or Reloadable cards like a Bluebird would seem to be a perfect alternative for those who cant' or don't want to use a regular CC
and avoid some fo the major downsides of a Debit.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I cancelled my first membership on Thursday afternoon via chat. I had to wait for the system to purge my e-mail address, but I was able to sign up again on Friday night via the website. Although I think the cookies/cache on my browser got a little wonky, because I had to go into incognito mode on Chrome to get the site to display properly. I went with the code for the Cars blanket.

This go around, I will go with the Star Wars and Thor preorders.

There's quite a few movies that I would like to get, but will hold off as long as possible, in case Disney comes out with new blu-ray editions with digital copies. Atlantis, Hunchback, Emperor's New Groove, Oliver and Co, Rescuers and Down Under, Great Mouse Detective, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Hocus Pocus. Has anyone heard any rumblings or have any educated guesses about updated editions for any of those movies?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't heard anything specific, but they have been working their way through most of the Disney/Pixar releasing with Digitals esp for those that had Digital only with the 3D items initially. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is less clear since it seems to live in a different category than the Animated Classic/Canon films. Hocus Pocus is far less likely to be re-released just to add a digital. I can't think and many (or any) live action non-Marvel that they've done that with.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I received Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros on blu-ray today. Kudos to Disney for releasing Saludos Amigos in its original format without edits! I did not watch the entire film but spot checked it to confirm the original animation is intact.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
At least the actual films are uncut and restored. That's the main compensation for the complete lack of extras, not even the DVD ones, never mind the laserdisc ones.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I received Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros on blu-ray today. Kudos to Disney for releasing Saludos Amigos in its original format without edits! I did not watch the entire film but spot checked it to confirm the original animation is intact.
That's great news and leaves great hope for Make Mine Music/Melody Time being released uncut.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
glad to hear the films are presented correctly, enough with trying to erase the past,

still haven't found a reason to join, 3 part isn't great, but honestly, it's easier to deal with at times, what i do wish, is along with the classic "walt films" the could do something on that site that the seem to be unwilling to do wide release in the US anymore, Marvel titles or any Disney/Pixar 3D titles for North American releases, yes that means Canada as well!

And wile your at it How about the Marvel TV holdings, ABC (SHIELD, Agent Carter) Blu for the seasons not yet released, Hulu, and FreeForm, programs, Hawk and Dove, and The Runaways, Limited blu releases, do that an you will get some of the marvel crowd to sine up. As is i nee dto log on to a UK site and order Thor: Ragnarok 3D, thanks Disney<_<

Josh Sazin

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Hey everyone,
I’ve been looking into DMC recently (my SO already uses it and has proved helpful in multiple ways)

My question for you all is about enrollment-eligible titles. How long after a brand new movie is released on blu-ray does it typically become available for one of the initial enrollment titles? For instance, COCO comes out next week. Will it be eligible as an enrollment title then, or is there a delay to expect?

Trying to map out some upcoming releases and find the best time to sign up.

Thanks!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Just put in a nice size DMC order
GOTG II (UHD Blu), Saludos Amigos/The Three Calleberos (Blu) and a couple Duck Tales DVDs) as I still have two more regular price purchases to make to fulfill my commitment which is due in May.

Next up soon Star Wars, The Last Jedi UHD.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey everyone,
I’ve been looking into DMC recently (my SO already uses it and has proved helpful in multiple ways)

My question for you all is about enrollment-eligible titles. How long after a brand new movie is released on blu-ray does it typically become available for one of the initial enrollment titles? For instance, COCO comes out next week. Will it be eligible as an enrollment title then, or is there a delay to expect?

Trying to map out some upcoming releases and find the best time to sign up.

Thanks!

Normally 1st Time release new titles will be enrollment eligible in 90 days though some titles will become enrollment eligible in 60 days.

Some titles that are releases/replacements to add Digital Copy or new slipcovers (the Toy Story re-releases, Brave, Cars, Cars 2, the Marvel from Sept 2017) become eligible immediately.
4K and Star Wars titles likely will not be enrollment eligible anytime.

If your SO is already a member and you have the same Billing/Shipping address, DMC is very strict about one account per address. Room-mates or Family Members that share an address often are blocked from joining. OTOH, it's very easy to cancel one account and rejoin very quickly using the Best Promotional codes.

Josh Sazin

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Normally 1st Time release new titles will be enrollment eligible in 90 days though some titles will become enrollment eligible in 60 days.

Some titles that are releases/replacements to add Digital Copy or new slipcovers (the Toy Story re-releases, Brave, Cars, Cars 2, the Marvel from Sept 2017) become eligible immediately.
4K and Star Wars titles likely will not be enrollment eligible anytime.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I wonder if the upcoming Lady and the Tramp (due next week) will be eligible immediately since it's a re-release or if that falls under the 60/90-day rule.

Josh Sazin

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
If your SO is already a member and you have the same Billing/Shipping address, DMC is very strict about one account per address. Room-mates or Family Members that share an address often are blocked from joining. OTOH, it's very easy to cancel one account and rejoin very quickly using the Best Promotional codes.

We are currently at separate addresses, so that part won't be an issue. But thank you for the heads up on that as well

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks so much for the quick response. I wonder if the upcoming Lady and the Tramp (due next week) will be eligible immediately since it's a re-release or if that falls under the 60/90-day rule.

No -- those are considered new releases since both of them have been VAULTED and unavailable for a few years. The immediately available titles are usually replacement releases which basically supplant currently available discs.

Of course they'll be immediately available as Fulfillment Picks. $35 for the 2 Pack Bundle is actually a pretty good price.

Josh Sazin

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
No -- those are considered new releases since both of them have been VAULTED and unavailable for a few years. The immediately available titles are usually replacement releases which basically supplant currently available discs.

Of course they'll be immediately available as Fulfillment Picks. $35 for the 2 Pack Bundle is actually a pretty good price.

Agreed, a very good deal. And again thank you for the clarification.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m thinking about joining again just to get a hold of some Of those exclusives. Especially Return To Oz.

There really isn’t much in the way of the regular releases I want.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I’m thinking about joining again just to get a hold of some Of those exclusives. Especially Return To Oz.

There really isn’t much in the way of the regular releases I want.

I suspect a lot of people will follow you if the rumored Parent Trap and Freaky Friday Exclusives are really on tap. Hopefully is 2-4 weeks a bit more may be known. Hopefully with 5 Live action releases in Jan/Feb (+ 2 Exclusive Animated Releases) that won't mean a huge gap in the next set

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Looks like the exclusives work for the 5/$1 code but when I went to add the extra two movies it only lets you choose from a very limited list.
I lost the page and now can’t get back to the choose page.
Wasn’t anything I wanted there anyway but in the past I think I Was able to choose any movie to add to the extra two.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like the exclusives work for the 5/$1 code but when I went to add the extra two movies it only lets you choose from a very limited list.
I lost the page and now can’t get back to the choose page.
Wasn’t anything I wanted there anyway but in the past I think I Was able to choose any movie to add to the extra two.

With the website 'update' they did change that online. The 50 Bluray choices out of 300-340 enrollments eligible titles aren't a bad selection, but not much help if you have a narrow list.

Most people have either just selected any 1 or 2 items, then immediately called to change the selections to something they want from the full list. O some just leave it blank and called in to add the extra items to the original enrollment to make sure you get credit for the 1st cheap fulfillment. I don't know how late the phone lines are manned, but if they've shut down for the night I'd call at 9-10am ET and have them help you. You probably could even do it in a couple days, but sooner is safer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah. I posted over at Blu-ray.com

I called and had them add Moana.

The phones are open from 8a -1a. So essentially all day and into the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks