What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I signed up on January 8. I got an e-mail on the 9th saying the movies had shipped, and an e-mail on the 10th that the blanket had shipped. The blanket showed up via a special Sunday delivery of the USPS on the 14th. Still waiting on the movies. It took a few days before I could even start tracking the order via the DMC site, and it's hit or miss as to whether or not the "My Orders" page actually shows the orders. (I actually have better luck getting that info on my phone.) Even though they never sent me a tracking number, I can track it via USPS, because it showed up in my dashboard for Informed Delivery. However, the only update was on the 10th: "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending MENASHA,WI"

I'm hoping it's a case of lack of scanning on the part of USPS. Otherwise, if I haven't gotten the movies or at least seen an update in tracking by the middle of next week, I might contact DMC to see if it needs to be nudged along. I'd be less anxious if I saw any movement in the tracking. I'd also be less anxious if I hadn't already gotten the blanket.

The tracking of these can be a bit odd and missed scans aren't unusual though it's much worse when it starts at OSM Worldwide before it gets to USPS. With weather issues and MLK Holiday I'm sure things are running a little behind usual

Once the Tracking Button on the site turns orange you can actually get the actual number to insert in the appropriate site. Right Click on the "Track Order" button, choose Page Source, the CTRL-F to search for trackingid

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Go figure, I make the post, and the tracking finally updates. Based on it's current location, I could have it tomorrow. I'm just glad to know it's moving, and didn't get left at the starting point.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Go figure, I make the post, and the tracking finally updates. Based on it's current location, I could have it tomorrow. I'm just glad to know it's moving, and didn't get left at the starting point.
If you want speedy delivery, you joined the wrong club. I’ve had shipments take an entire month from placing an order to delivery.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I'm looking at joining the club. They really need to change their website. Very hard to navigate and no edition details on the selection pages. Feels like a Netflix menu. Far too much work to pick out movies. How do you choose blu-ray? I don't see any listed in the choices to join.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If you want speedy delivery, you joined the wrong club. I’ve had shipments take an entire month from placing an order to delivery.
Speedy Delivery only comes from Mr. McFeely
hqdefault.jpg

on Misterrogers Neigborhood
MrRogers_MadYouFeel_wToy.jpg
;)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm looking at joining the club. They really need to change their website. Very hard to navigate and no edition details on the selection pages. Feels like a Netflix menu. Far too much work to pick out movies. How do you choose blu-ray? I don't see any listed in the choices to join.

Basically choose your 5 items for $1 assuming you used the Promo Codes above, If you know which items, it easiest just to search by name and click ADD
Click Continue and you'll get the option of Bluray or DVD (don't know any way to mix)
Click Checkout.
IF all the items you chose are available for enrollment as BD you;ll go to the registration screen. If not, it will prompt you to remove/change an ineligible choice.

Enter email/password
Enter Shipping Address
Enter Payment information
Finalize

You'll then be given the option to add 1 or 2 others -- 2 minute clock to say yes or no.
If you click Yes or Add, then you;ll go to a screen with a 10 minute Clock and be given a choice of 50 items to choose from.
Add 1 or 2 and Finalize

Other options are to call in an order and ask for the exact item you want
or if you want 2 added items NOT on the official list you can go through the first 5 and finish then call during the weekday to have them add
the 2 items you really want.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Thanks. That's odd that you aren't given an option to search by blu-ray when selecting. That's really all I want, and I could be missing out on some good exclusives by sheer ignorance.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks. That's odd that you aren't given an option to search by blu-ray when selecting. That's really all I want, and I could be missing out on some good exclusives by sheer ignorance.

The 'other' forum has a great FAQ ( actually Post 1 and 2) which includes a pretty good spreadsheet though it doesn't break out the enrollment eligible items and discontinued items. The catalog title numbers listed can be used to search for items on the enrollment site or used to order over the phone. The FAQ is very slightly out of date with some of the new information and the holidays, but is still very useful

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

There is an UTD excel file of official enrollment eligible titles I could send you via email if you want to PM me the email

As far as exclusives there aren't really that many to keep track of

Live Action Exclusive
BLURAY
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes 45th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray 50%
The Apple Dumpling Gang 40th Anniversary Blu-ray(TM) 56%
Herbie The Love Bug 45th Anniversary Blu-ray 75%
Herbie Rides Again 40th Anniversary Blu-ray 80%

Old Yeller Blu-ray(TM) 100%
Pollyanna 55th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray(TM) 83%
Return To Oz 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray(TM) 55%
Swiss Family Robinson 55th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray(TM) 80%
Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo Blu-ray(TM) 67%
Herbie Goes Bananas Blu-ray(TM) 40%
Escape To Witch Mountain Blu-ray(TM) 76%
Return From Witch Mountain Blu-ray(TM) 44%
Davy Crockett 60th Anniversary Two Movie Set Blu-ray(TM)
Treasure Island 65th Anniversary Blu-ray(TM) 100%

Blackbeards Ghost 80%
The Absent Minded Professor 81%
Operation Dumbo Drop 31%
Boatniks
Son of Flubber 86%
Monkeys, Go Home!
The Strongest Man in the World

The Last Flight of Noah's Ark 40%
Cool Runnings 75%
The Mighty Ducks 15%
D2 21%
D3 20%
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids 75%
Honey, I Blew Up the Kid 44%

2018 (not officially eligible for enrollment though by phone it's always a YMMV)
Jungle 2 Jungle
Snow Dogs

?? 1/30
Three Cabelleros/Saludos Amigos

Officially there are 3 eligible Animated Exclusive right now
Aladdin 2/3
Bambi 2
BatB: Enchanted Xmas

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Thanks David. I think I'll just pass on the Disney Club. I've picked a few exclusive titles up on the secondary market already at decent prices. And I noticed that the blu-ray releases are bare bones and don't include the bonus features from DVD. Which is a shame. The DVD's of Herbie and The Apple Dumpling Gang had some nice bonuses.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I changed my plans a bit for the DMC. Instead of pre-ordering Star Wars and Thor, I opted instead to get two of the $21.95 animated two-packs. I got them both in one order, so only had to pay $5.44 shipping. Added to what I paid for the enrollment package, that brought my total for the entire commitment cycle to $71.24. I got nine movies (plus three sequels), which averages out to $7.92 per movie.

After those come in, I'll cancel and re-enroll, and probably still have time to pre-order Thor and Star Wars. And even if I'm too late to pre-order Thor, all I'll really miss out on is the lithograph.

I selected Pocahontas as one of my movies, and I debated between the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital combo or the Blu-ray/Digital combo of Pocahontas 1 and 2. I opted for the second option based on how the Mulan set was packaged. They both came on the same disc, but with two separate codes for the digital and rewards redemptions, meaning 300 DMR points instead of just 150. I figured the 150 points from the sequel was more valuable than the DVD copy of the main movie.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Newest Disney movie club mailing now has exclusive to the club Blu-ray of “Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros”!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
So this is the fate of the package films and likely The Black Cauldron as well?

Just release the uncut versions.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Forgive me if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find it on a quick search.

When does DMC charge for preorders? Do they charge at the time of order, or the time that it ships (like Amazon)?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They do a pre-auth/temp charge at order, but then the final charge posts at (or right before) time of shipment.

I hesitate to answer definitely since some people consider that initial Temp charge identical to the Final.
If you order current items and preorders, most of the time the current items ship now and preorders later.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
They do a pre-auth/temp charge at order, but then the final charge posts at (or right before) time of shipment.

Definitely not something you would want to use a debit card as the the funds would technically be on hold for the authorization hold period
I hesitate to answer definitely since some people consider that initial Temp charge identical to the Final.
If you order current items and preorders, most of the time the current items ship now and preorders later.

Thanks, I wasn't sure of that ...

I'm thinking of getting Coco the selection of the month (I doubt it will be MUCH lower than $24.95 for a few months anyway) and catching up on some titles as they're 60% with a full price selection (as long as they are not over $24.95) but Coco doesn't ship until the end of the month ...

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking of getting Coco the selection of the month (I doubt it will be MUCH lower than $24.95 for a few months anyway) and catching up on some titles as they're 60% with a full price selection (as long as they are not over $24.95) but Coco doesn't ship until the end of the month ...

I placed an order on Tuesday for the LatT Double Pack at $35, then Cars 3 4K and Saludos at 60% off. The temp charge appeared and fell off quickly, I got shipment confirm today for the Cars3 and Saludos today with a charge for that posted and LatT 2 pack on hold according to my order history

I just don't get Debit Cards and why anyone who can qualify for a CC would ever use one -- all downside, no upside, more exposure to problems and less protection all all fronts.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I just don't get Debit Cards and why anyone who can qualify for a CC would ever use one -- all downside, no upside, more exposure to problems and less protection all all fronts.
Typically people who have issues getting credit cards use debit cards as a "credit card". When I worked at a hotel people couldn't understand why there was a hold on their card since they would be paying cash at checkout and if they didn't have enough money to cover the charges that it would decline (unless they had overdraft protection -which was a whole other matter as banks used to be um not as open about advising that in some cases overdraft protection was a high interest loan to prevent the charge from being declined) ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks