What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, I got one of those too - and my account is very active. I already redeemed points from three discs and ordered two rewards with points within the past month. I wonder if it was sent in error and we'll get a correction on Monday. My account seems too active to be threatening it with dumping my points.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Huge numbers of those went off regardless of number of points or activity. Most people suspect it's a massive mistake and DMR has sent out sort of apology/we're looking into it, Don't Panic

Others of course are think it's some massive hack and phishing scam though all the emails and links appear to be going to the correct links.

The DMR website has been nonfunctional much of the last 24 hrs due to everybody checking in and running around putting or using points.
DMR Facebook by report has been bombarded with WTF posts.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yeah, having looked around a little, I'm not so worried now. Looking forward to reading what they send out tomorrow! :)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
So, if nothing else, that was a good wake-up call for people like Yrs Truly who were a little behind in their DMC movie ordering. Those latest live action catalog Blu-rays are now on the way, and I'll log those reward codes immediately.

The deal is: there has to be some kind of points transaction -- either the entering of new points, or the redeeming of some -- before 210 days pass, counting from your last transaction. This could have been the testing of a reminder note they'd be sending out when you're a month away from reaching 210 days. The only problem is that somebody pushed the big flashing green button and sent it out to the world.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Here's what appeared in my email inbox at 9:39 PM last night:

images_header_04.jpg

Dear David,

On November 21, 2015, you may have inadvertently received an email from Disney Movie Rewards about points expiration. This email was sent in error. Please know that your account is currently active, and no action is needed from you at this time.

To ensure points on your account are current and active, please log into your account at www.DisneyMovieRewards.com and select "My DMR" from the navigation bar at the top of the page. For more information on how to keep your account and point balance active, be sure to review our Terms & Conditions, Section F.5.

If you still have questions or concerns, please visit DisneyStudiosHelp.com contact us via email, or call us at 866-246-8646 Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Central time. Please note we are closed for the holiday November 26-27, 2015.

Your Friends At,

Disney Movie Rewards

I'm now awaiting Disney's next email sent (but not composed) in error, in which they demand the return of all of my Disney DVD's, Blu-Rays, Laserdiscs, and VHS tapes.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DMR now showing upcoming DMC Exclusive BD of Blackbeard's Ghost.

No other information other than a cover pic, but these have been very accurate in the past and usually indicate a release at the next DMC cycle (Jan 5 or possibly Feb -- I'll update as soon as other information pops up)

No indication of what it's paired title might be, but last time there was a couple day gap b/w the 2 pics showing up

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I finally joined, mainly to get Swiss Family Robinson. Hopefully some other great live action Disney movies will show up....In Search of the Castaways, Island at the Top of the World. I wonder, based on how Disney treats their live action back catalog, if even 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea will end up being a DMC exclusive?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While not one of the most famous ones, I'm still glad to see this one. It's a good movie and the previous DVD was very poor.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I have one more title to purchase as part of my commitment. I've been holding out for Star Wars. I'm guessing in April or so. There's some movie tie in books listed on Amazon for an April release date..

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Kyrsten Brad said:
Hoping for one of the following:

The Black Hole (1979)
The Parent Trap (1961 and 1998)
20000 Leagues Under The Sea (1954)
The Ugly Dachshund (1968)
For me all of those , and add Johnny Tremain , Shaggy Dog (1959), Darby O Gill, The Great Locomotive Chase, In Search Of The Castaways and a nice widescreen transfer of Westward Ho The Wagons . There are probably others I'd buy as well .

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think I may rejoin once Davy Crockett and Treasure Island become available as enrollment selections. As I had mentioned on this thread much closer to the beginning, I had a pretty terrible experience with the club, but they ultimately did correct their mistakes and refund me for the massive overcharges, and given that my experiences seems to have been an exception rather than the rule based on comments here, I think it may be time to try again.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Just saw a release date for sw force awakens in April. I'm guessing it will be the selection of the month as well.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Josh Steinberg said:
I think I may rejoin once Davy Crockett and Treasure Island become available as enrollment selections. As I had mentioned on this thread much closer to the beginning, I had a pretty terrible experience with the club, but they ultimately did correct their mistakes and refund me for the massive overcharges, and given that my experiences seems to have been an exception rather than the rule based on comments here, I think it may be time to try again.

I'd say better than 50/50 chance you could get them in the enrollment set of discs if you call and ask. Most of these exclusives have been available almost immediately in person though unofficially about 90 days has been the online std with a few items sliding in at 60 days.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
David Norman said:
I'd say better than 50/50 chance you could get them in the enrollment set of discs if you call and ask. Most of these exclusives have been available almost immediately in person though unofficially about 90 days has been the online std with a few items sliding in at 60 days.

Cool - do they let you use the special membership codes when you call and ask? I'm content to wait though - I'm behind on my movie watching pile, so as long as these aren't in danger of going out of print between now and 90 days from now, it's fine by me.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
David Norman said:
DMR now showing upcoming DMC Exclusive BD of Blackbeard's Ghost.

No other information other than a cover pic, but these have been very accurate in the past and usually indicate a release at the next DMC cycle (Jan 5 or possibly Feb -- I'll update as soon as other information pops up)

No indication of what it's paired title might be, but last time there was a couple day gap b/w the 2 pics showing up
Doesn't DMC usually release 2 Blu-rays at a time ? So it''s possible something else might be released .

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Josh Steinberg said:
Cool - do they let you use the special membership codes when you call and ask? I'm content to wait though - I'm behind on my movie watching pile, so as long as these aren't in danger of going out of print between now and 90 days from now, it's fine by me.

Sure -- when you call in just tell them you want to use Promo code " " to sign up. they'll take all your information, let you pick out your items and tell you if it's eligible or not, payment information, etc. In general they'll allow quite a lot of extra items by phone, but it's a bit YMMV and depends on the CSR you get. You still won't likely be able to get many 3D items or anything more than $40, and some high profile new items -- but you never know unless you ask.

LouA said:
Doesn't DMC usually release 2 Blu-rays at a time ? So it''s possible something else might be released .

Usually they have released 2 Exclusives each time, but so far still no evidence of a paired item yet. Somebody on Bluray said they ordered Treasure Island, but when the package showed up it had Blackbeards Ghost in it. That would seem to indicate it's ready to go live, but I still haven't seen a hard date yet. Recently the names haven't shown up until a few days before they go live. It's possible Aladdin 2/3, but that isn't really an exclusive in the same sense or it's possible this will be a Feb release instead of Jan and the 2nd item won;t be shown until the end of January

Maybe by the weekend it will be a bit clearer.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well I guess as good a time as any to bump the DMC thread.

Sometime next week (3/15 probably) Disney will put a couple titles up to order which are sort of re-releases. I don't know if that will be the release date yet, but from folks getting the early
Featured Title mailer it Pocahontas and Mulan will be released without their DTV sequels and with a Digital HD code for the first time.

Pictures under the spoiler tag

mfTbpsg.jpg

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Standalone editions of Pocahontas and Mulan each with Digital HD codes are now eligible to order at DMC with immediate shipping. 21.95 ea (or 31.95 for both as the new Featured title)-- no information on extras or specs or information whether "If I Only Knew You" is integrated or available as an extra. There is zero advertising for this item and no indication it supposed to be a DMC Exclusive title or even a timed exclusive like some other titles (everyone is still expecting Aladdin II/III to be released wide at some point). OTOH apparently no other retailer has this title for order this morning

Additionally
Zootopia 2D (24.95) and 3D (29.95) are also on the site for pre-order

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thank David. I'm very happy with the current editions with both films included...though I can certainly see the appeal of these repacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks