What's new

anyone into madonna? (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I've been a fan pretty much since Borderline and Lucky Star, so over 20 years. I think a lot of people are apprehensive about her working with Timbaland, but I think Tim is proving himself one of the most interesting MAINSTREAM producers. You see people like Dupri who are afraid to step out of the r&b/hip hop box (which I think really hurt Janet's last album, he didn't even know who the audience was). All we have to do is take a look at Tim's new single with Bjork to see just how interesting and diverse he can be. I think a lot of people are worried Madonna's going to sound like everyone else, but does "Earth Intruders" sound like everyone else?

I think Madonna's just trying on something new, her last album was great but she isn't the type who wants to remake the same album over and over again, notice that she only used Orbit for like three tracks on "Music" despite the fact that Ray Of Light was her biggest success since the 1980's.

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a huge Madonna fan... and am cautiously optimistic about the collaboration. Timbaland's work with 'Bjork' lends credibility, and I greatly enjoyed "Bedtime Stories", Madonna's earlier entry into R&B stylings. Of the other Timbaland produced tracks I've heard, while I don't care much for the songs themselves, they SOUND good.

It is Madonna after all. She'll be in charge, and it'll still play like a Madonna album.

Looking forward to another summer tour in 2008.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
I like her early stuff. You know, "Lucky Star," "Borderline" - but once she got into her "Papa Don't Preach" phase, I don't know, I tuned out.

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
from what i've heard loads of people have been into madonna, but i wouldn't have expected many of them to make it to this little corner of the internet.

JayMacey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kyle m
LOL I find the title of this post funny. Anyone into Madonna? lol

She is the top selling female artist in history for a reason.
She has more Top 10 hits than everyone but The Beatles (& she's tied) for a reason.

:)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
you missed a lot. True Blue was actually the album that she started blossoming. Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light, Music, Confessions On A DanceFloor, etc... you missed some good albums, far better than Like A Virgin.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Love Madonna and really love Timbaland's sound.
His work with Aaliyah(who was an average singer) was top-notch

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator
Bjork spent a year editing Timberland’s material (3 tracks made the album) getting them to their current incarnations. She has gone on record saying the other songs she did with him (4 more to be exact) won’t see the light of day.

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne

I think you guys are misreading the post by MikeRS. It's a quote from the opening scene in Tarantino's "Reservoir Dogs".

tyler

hgerman

Grip
Real Name
Hans
Madonna is always nice to hear, and most of the time, not bad to look at either. Gettin' older though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks