What's new

Anyone interested in ISF calibration in MICHIGAN? (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I've been pondering have my set calibrated for some time. Fortunately, I've stumbled upon a gentlemen from NY who is willing to make the rounds in June to our wonderful state. Obviously, the more we can get signed on, the cheaper the services become.
Refer to this link for more info: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...006938.html#12
But let's try to keep a list of names on this thread for future reference.
Im interested:
[email protected]
Canton, MI

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Rob,
Per my email, I would be interested if David Abrams decides to travel to Michigan this summer. I have been corresponding with David via email to get an idea of whether his services would fit my needs. So far, so good.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 11

Jon Long

Auditioning
Rob,
Count me in as one who is interested in getting an ISF calibration by David.
Unfortunately, I believe I am located on the other side of the state from you guys. I am in Holland on the Lakeshore, about 20 minutes west of Grand Rapids.
If there is anyone else on the Forum who is in West Michigan and might want to go in on this with me, perhaps we can convince David to come over to this side of the state ?
I have a Pioneer Elite PRO-510HD, and have very much wanted to get it calibrated. It is almost exactly one year old, and I want to have all the regular and HD inputs calibrated as I watch both DVD and HD sources via the DISH 6000. Thanks!
Jon Long
Holland, MI

ChuckS

Auditioning
What exactly does ISF calibratrion do for a HDTV? I live on the west side of Michigan also, in Spring Lake, about 25 miles north of Holand. I have a the Mits 65807 and would be interested if there would be a considerable increase in picture quality.
chuck

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested in having my Pioneer 710 calibrated. I've also been corresponding with David Abrams. I started a post on www.hometheaterspot.com trying to sign people up in the Bay, Saginaw, Midland area. So far ,not much luck. David did say he had some people interested around Detroit though. Not sure if he'll come this far north just to do my set. Need people to sign up. Thanks

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I think that David would be more inclined to visit the west side of the state if more users sign up. Personally, if I were in the Detroit area and had about 2 or 3 customers in GR, I'd make the trip.
Chuck, do a search on ISF calibration... there is literally too much detail to cover in one post. From what I've read and researched, it takes your current picture and gives it a "tune up". Imagine that your TV capability is currently running at 80% and after ISF it runs at 100%. From what I've been told, you cannot believe the picture improvements until you have actually seen them.

David Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings,
I just returned from San Fransisco a few hours ago and found that I do have some emails and messages to answer about Michigan. I am sorry that I have not had the chance to respond but I was out at Runco working with some of their engineers.
If all goes well I will be getting in touch with everyone within the next few days about setting the dates to travel out there.
Once again I apologize for the delay in response and will talk to you soon.
Thanks,
David Abrams
ISF Calibrationist
Precision Theater Consultants

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I live in the Detroit metro area and may be interested in ISF calibration, too.
Thanks

Jon Long

Auditioning
OK Gang, help me out here...
Anyone else from the West side of the state like to get their set ISF Calibrated by David during his visit ?
I would like to be able to get him out here to do my PRO-510HD, but I really hate bringing him out here just for me. It would be much more affordable to split the added travel cost up amongst more people than just myself.
I am in the Holland area, so people in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, etc.. please let me know if you are interested! David mentioned he might be able to come out West as the last stop on his journey, likely to be June 18-19th.
Please keep this thread going, or e-mail me privately at: [email protected]
Thanks!
Jon Long
Holland, MI
Pioneer Elite PRO-510HD
------------------

Jon Long

Auditioning
Bumping this back to the top...
Anyone from the West side interested in going in on David's services with me ?? The time is approaching for his visit.. likely around June 18th-19th.
Please let me know on the forum or via e-mail at: [email protected]
Thanks!
Jon Long
Holland, MI

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Bumping to the top...
Also, I received an email from David confirming that he will be here on the 18/19th of June. Im in!! I hope that your following the link David cause I misplaced your personal email.
Anyways, count me in. Just got my wifes "permission" :)

David Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,
My email is [email protected] I will put you on my list, I will be letting everyone know what time I will be at there places within the next day or two, I am still receiving some confirmations therefore it has made it hard to set everything in stone.
Hope to see you all soon,
David Abrams
ISF Calibrationist
Precision Theater Consultants

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks