What's new

Anyone interested in Beautiful Mind? (1 Viewer)

RicP

Screenwriter
I've been bombarded with ads for this one lately and I have to say that I think it looks pretty good.
A little bit of an Insider vibe, but it looks as though Mr. Crowe may be decent in this role.
Ron Howard directing and Jennifer Connelly! mean that I will almost certainly be seeing this one.
Any other opinions? :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm somewhat interested. The ads and trailers look really good. But for some reason, I'm only strongly interested if it is strongly based on real events. If it's only inspired by the artist's rendition of real-life, then I don't care so much. So assuming it is reasonably historical, then I will see it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm interested, but my wife runs screaming from the theater whenever the trailer comes on. I guess I'm going alone. :)
M.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I'm very interested. This film is receiving some serious Oscar buzz, for Crowe, Connelly, Howard, and the film itself.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
From what I have read it seems to be fairly loosely based on the actual man, but then again I know very little about the real life story so I'm highly interested.
I'd see any movie Jennifer Connelly was in for that reason alone, but Crowe usually does good work too and the trailers look interesting. Definitely on my to-watch list (and add to my Jennifer Connelly-on-DVD collection ;) )

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I've heard some pretty good things about this one so far. Seems like it could be a good, meaty DRAMA, one hopefully free of the sap so prevalent in stuff like Life as a House and Hearts in Atlantis. Crowe is solid, Howard's a proven storyteller...
...and I need not go into my devotion to the lovely Ms. Connelly. :)
The only sticking point is that damn screenwriter! I just can't see really loving ANYTHING created by the writer of Batman Forever, Batman & Robin and Lost in Space! (OK, to be fair Akiva's also written some fairly solid scripts as well: A Time to Kill and... Nope, that's the only good one.)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I keep thinking Mainstream PI but with all the good buzz I will have to check it out.
So I'm not interested at this point. Meaning that if know one was talking about it in terms of Oscars, I would skip it. But if it keeps getting good reviews I will figure there must be something there that the ads don't show me.
Sure as hell wouldn't be the first time. :)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
So you noticed the Akiva bug as well, Scott?:)
I swore I would never forgive him for B&R, but Jennifer and Russell might pull me in (Ed Harris doesn't hurt either). It;'s a busy December, but I'll see this at some point.
Take care,
Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks