What's new

Anyone in Vancouver, Canada able to help me out? (1 Viewer)

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi I am in San Jose CA, and was planning a trip to Vancouver after visiting my inlaws in Seattle, but there has been a change of plans:frowning:
I was wondering if anyone on this forum hopefully with a solid background here would be able to help me purchase the Paradigm Studio 40, 20, and CC setup.
I would pay for the shipping of course and any reasonable amount for your time.
This might work out for you especially if you're looking to buy something else from a dealer, and could use this more as a gain in Purchasing power.
I have sent PM to a few people but have not heard back from many responses. So if anyone is able to help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Why Vancouver? I haven't been very impressed with prices at Vancouver Paradigm dealers. I'm pretty sure that other Canadian stores that can beat their prices.
There is a Paradigm dealer locally (well outside Vancouver) that has given some excellent deals on speakers. Several years ago, I bought from that dealer a pair of Studio/60 V.1 (floor model with a slight blemish; dark cherry laminate finish) for CDN$1100 including 14% taxes. These were being cleared out as the new V.2 were just released. I hope that their prices are still good.
I think that I get a system price for you. :) What type of finish do you want? How do you want to pay for the speakers? Method of shipping?
Email me if you want me to proceed. Luv spending other people's money. ;)
Dave

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi James I sent you a PM
Hi David I sent you an email
I am looking in Vancouver because it seems to be the closest to me to ship from. But if anyone has a possible good deal that they can help me out with I'd greatly appreciate it.
My wife doesnt want to get used speakers so I have to look for new ones:)
I finally convinced her to let me get some new speakers rather then the junky one we have now.
Thanks,
Thang
I love this FORUM....:emoji_thumbsup:

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi wayne yes I got it, i replied to you on the same day. I PM you. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Thanks

Ted_Polzin

Stunt Coordinator
Also if you went to someplace in Alberta you would save 8% on the BC sales tax (no Sales tax here in Alberta :D Just GST :angry: ) That should more than make up for the extra shipping.
Ted

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Thang,

I think shipping wouldn't be cost effective. I know UPS won't insure personal stuff coming from Canada to the US unless it is coming from a business. I would say that unless you crated everything up, you would have to ship everything seperately.. I know with FedEx ground, the shipper has to pay a brookerage company to brooker the package as well (about $25 per speaker).. I figure it would cost $75 USD per speaker or more to ship, and then what do you do if it is damaged? Also, for warranty work, you would have to bring the speaker back to Canada, that I know for sure.. I looked into shipping a studio-cc to a guy in the states, and when it was all said and done, it was cheaper for him to buy it in the US and I can get good prices on Paradigm here..

Craig

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Craig,

I am not sure on the process of Fedex shipping, I was looking on ebay and see a sellers ship the studio 40 speakers for about 60 dollars or so to the USA from Canada. I was told that Paradigm actually doesnt have very good packaging with the speakers, so I figured they'd have to be double boxed anyway. So I was thinking shipping should be about 200 dollars.

I spoke to my local authorized dealer and he said as long as I bought them from an authorized dealer, even in Canada he would have them serviced for me if i had any problems.

Craig,

those prices you quoted me for your speakers you bought in Canadian I'd hop on buying that in a second. Even after shipping I figured I'd save quite a bit compared to my local dealer who would only give me 10% off US MSRP.

I got this idea from a Administrator here on the Forum. He asked fellow Canadians who he felt had "Standing" on the forum to help him out, and they did, and after everything he still saved quite a bit he informed me. But he is an ADMIN and has more "Standing" for someone to be able to help him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks