anyone in the mahoning valley?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_Stein, Mar 31, 2002.

1. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

perhaps the SVS guys could help me out since i know you are from youngstown...

are there any decent audio equipment stores in the area?

im specifically looking for a place that would sell grado headphones. i figured this was the most relevant forum here. grado's site didnt seem to have a dealer list...

2. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

bump. i want a pair of grado sr-80s NOW! hehehehe

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

I'd get my headphone stuff from here...
    http://www.headphone.com/layout.php
    Unless there has been some drastic changes in attitude at the 2-3 AV shops around here in the last year...I wouldn't waste my time...
    1)wouldn't budge from full retail 90% of the time
    2)sales clerks has a barely passable understanding of my questions(esp. bass management stuff)
    3)sales clerks explaining the wonders of this speaker/subwoofer technology or that technology to me if I even glanced at any speakers/subs. I'm not sure if they even believed everything they were saying...but it's very easy to understand how Mr and Mrs. *yuffie* are walking out with a nice 8" acme subwoofer and 5 tiny speakers at $1500 and thinking how cute it is and having no idea what performance/enjoyment limitations have just been forced on them.
    4)Just an overall feeling of they were doing me a favor by even speaking with me.
    Things might have changed,I haven't gone back for a few months now.
    TV

4. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

that headphone.com site is _nice_

i was just hoping i could pick up a pair of sr-80s without having to wait for them to be shipped. i am probably going to buy them from goodcans.com, since hte price is the same and the shipping is free right now, but im definitely going to be poking around headphone.com for a while first...