Anyone in NYC who has either the Panasonic L-500u or the BenQ PE-8700?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason Keis, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Jason Keis

Jason Keis Extra

I would like to have a chance to preview these projectors. I am having a tough time finding a store who has these on display as a working demo. B&H carries the Panny but doesn't have a demo of it and unfortunately they don't carry the BenQ whatsoever.

I think I just need to see these two in action... A FP awaits!

Jason

2. Jason Keis

Jason Keis Extra

I would like to have a chance to preview these projectors. I am having a tough time finding a store who has these on display as a working demo. B&H carries the Panny but doesn't have a demo of it and unfortunately they don't carry the BenQ whatsoever.

I think I just need to see these two in action... A FP awaits!

Jason

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

In the meantime, you can try looking around, see if other dealers are demoing different projectors. Try to demo projectors with similar specs (ie. 1280x720 pjs, with various screens and room environments).

Nobody in my city demos either projector you mentioned, so the best I could do was find a Sony HS20 and a Sharp Z12000 demo. I believe another dealer is carrying a Runco 710 (a luxury version of the Benq 8700), so maybe I can demo that too...

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

In the meantime, you can try looking around, see if other dealers are demoing different projectors. Try to demo projectors with similar specs (ie. 1280x720 pjs, with various screens and room environments).

Nobody in my city demos either projector you mentioned, so the best I could do was find a Sony HS20 and a Sharp Z12000 demo. I believe another dealer is carrying a Runco 710 (a luxury version of the Benq 8700), so maybe I can demo that too...