Anyone in Dallas with Axiom M80's or M60's?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Sami Kallio, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio Screenwriter

Got my SVS sub (for HT) and there it started again, my revived passion for audio. H/K 7200 is on its way and now I'm looking to replace my mains (currently Infinity RS5) and the front runner right now is Polk RTi8. With the sub I don't really need to spend the money on RTi12's.

Reading about the RTi's I came across Axiom. Online only like the SVS but for mains I'd rather not shop online without hearing the speaker first. Anyone here from northern Dallas that would be willing to let me listen to his/her Axiom's?

Others that I listened and somewhat liked were Klipsch RF35 and KEF Q7.

2. David Head

David Head Second Unit

There's a list of Axiom owners willing to give demos at Axiom's Forum. You have to travel a little...

David

3. Kevin Stewart

Kevin Stewart Second Unit

Kevin Stewart
    If you can wait until the end of the year, I might be far enough along in my HT to have purchased them and you're more than welcome to come listen to them then.

Stew

4. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

Make sure that the pair you hear is the same weight as the ones you're buying. I notice the weight of their speakers has gone down, some models quite considerably, from when our shop was selling them. I imagine it must save Axiom a fair bit of money in shipping but I wonder if it effects the quality of sound or consistency for timbre matching?