Anyone in Atlanta want to take this 6' sonotube?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Trenton McNeil, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Trenton McNeil

Trenton McNeil Second Unit

Its sitting in my garage, looking ominous. I paid $60 for the whole shmeal, anyone want to pick it up for $30 bucks?
    I know this should be in the for sale area, but this message is really directed to the DIY crowd...

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Trenton, if I can arrange transportation for the tube, I may be interested. But if you get another offer, let them have it because I don't have anyone with a truck lined up at the moment.
    ------------------
    PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; Sunosub I + III ; DVDs ; LDs

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
  4. Kerry Hackney

Kerry Hackney Stunt Coordinator

OMG,
    Something tells me there is a Sunosub IV on the drawing board somewhere in Northeast Atlanta... I285 may collapse under the pounding before it's over. [​IMG]

5. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Trenton,
    I'm sorry I haven't gotten with you yet about picking up the sonotube! I'm not really sure when I'd be able to get it, so if Pat can take it off your hands I don't have a problem with it. I know you're sick of looking at it!
    I've got some much junk in my garage right now I don't even know if it would fit! I have my old HUGE entertainment center in there, as well as some boxes and stuff. Anything more and I may not be able to get my wife's car in there anymore!
    My Elite 510 showed up yesterday! So I've been in played with it all evening! The picture is absolutely awesome!
    Again, sorry for the inconvenience! How's it going with your sub?
    Brian

6. Trenton McNeil

The sub is coming along wonderfully. I've been at a bit of a stopping point since I goofed up and cut the inner plugs a bit too small (by about 1mm all the way around) for the tube, but I think I'm going to use some highly compressed weatherstripping to take care of that problem, then caulk around the edges. Might actually be easier than dealing with all that caulking/silicon around the inside (I'm going to use weatherstripping/nails around the inner plug, and put silicone on the outside seam only).
    We're trying to clear the garage out so there is room for the car (we just got a new car, and hate to leave her out in the rain.).
    I don't have a truck either, so I guess the first person to pull up to the driveway with a truck of some sort can take this extra tube away! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!,
    I'd have all my money back. -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Gregg, I've been selected to go through some off-site training the week of 2/26, so I can't say I'll be able to greet you at the airport, which is not too close from Trenton or I.
    Trenton, no luck in getting a truck in the near future. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; Sunosub I + III ; DVDs ; LDs

8. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
  9. Trenton McNeil

I wonder how my wife will feel about dual Sonosubs!? [​IMG]
    If I can't find a buyer, its going to get painted in dayglo colors and become a week-long tunnel toy for my daugher and her friends for her birthday. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

10. TimG

TimG Second Unit

If all else fails, you could put a light inside it, glass on the top, a little faux painting and make some interesting lighted columns for sculpture or ceramics. Carpet on the inside and outside, some smaller tubes between them and make a cat condo. A hat box for a really big hat? [​IMG]
    Tim

11. Trenton McNeil

6 feet of sonotube, still sitting there lonely, driving us nuts....
    going once....
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

12. Rick P.

Rick P. Stunt Coordinator

"... I've been at a bit of a stopping point since I goofed up and cut the inner plugs a bit too small (by about 1mm all the way around) for the tube, ..."
    Trenton, you can also fix this by gluing wood veneer edging aroung the edge of the plug. I had to do this with one of my port holes. It worked great and the veneer swells when you put glue on it so you get a nice tight fit.
    Rick