What's new

Anyone here watch "Nero Wolfe"? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i must admit this show is one of my guilty pleasures. although the mysteries aren't that hard to solve, they usually surprise me enough.
the best thing about this show has got to be maury chavin (as the title character). his arrogance is awesome. i would love to be able to pull off that kind of attitude.
the production value is pretty high. very cool set design and costumes.
if you enjoy mystery shows (especially the agatha christie/hercule poirot type), then i think you'll also enjoy this show. anyway, if you haven't checked out the show...give it a shot.
http://www.aande.com/tv/shows/nerowolfe/home.html

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I really like the show. I've been watching it since the beginning. I like the use of the repeat cast. It's the interplay between Nero and Archie that I love the most though, I agree, you have to give Wolfe credit for being able to get away with what he does to people.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Just came back to the States and was surprised to come across a TV series based on the series of mysteries by Rex Stout that I loved and read.

I particularly am fond of the period settings and the overall; no one is taking this too seriously mood. Also the accuracy of what I have imagined the interior of the brownstone to look like. Though to be fair, it did change just a bit from time-to-time, perhaps based on needs of the moment. A detail in the last episode I watched had Wolfe in yellow pajamas. Something he always favored in the novels.

Most of the characters are also played true-to-type, albeit broadly, as this kind of show demands.

I have seen this once in widescreen and every other time in 4:3. While I have a 16:9 set, I have not yet enabled HD. Is there any pattern as to widescreen telecasts, or this just random?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
nice to see there are some other nero (wolfe...that is) fans! :)
lew - the only broadcasts i've seen have been 4x3. i don't recall ever seeing a letterboxed presentation. that would have been cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks