What's new

Anyone here using 4 M&K SS150;s in a 7.1 config? (1 Viewer)

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anyone here has M&K SS150's for surrounds in a 7.1 setup?

If so do you have them all in tripole mode? Or do you have them set as dipole for rears?

Thanks

EricN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
I am running the complete 150 THX series with 2 pair of the SS-150's in a 7.1 config with my Denon 5800(Upgraded) and an SVS 16-46PCi for a second sub.. :D I have them in Dipole mode for both sides and rears. I have tried tripole but I prefer the dipole for most movie soundtracks.
They are terrific surrounds. Tough to beat!

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
Makes since, dipole would be better for two pair and tripole for a single pair. By the way how is the dipole mode for music?

Also very curious, do you have two SVS subs or did you mix one SVS with the M&K MX-150 sub?

Being that they are completely different types of subs I would not think they would not work well together. Perhaps since they are so different maybe one would pickup sounds the other does not and visa versa thus complimenting each other.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Try a pair of ss250's to the sides and s-150's to the rear (not ss). This would give the best of both worlds for 7.1. The THX spec actually specs monopoles to the rear. Timbre match will be perfect with this configuration. SS150 tonality is a little different than the S-150's whereas the the 250 is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks