What's new

Anyone here use Voicestream? (1 Viewer)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
My wife and I use the family plan and have been on it since Christmas. Quality is very good, we have a large pool of shared "anytime" minutes (3500), free long distance and free VoiceStream to VoiceStream minutes (so when she calls me or vice-versa, it doesn't count towards our bill...) We average ~$80/month for our bill

My only complaint would be the all-digital phone I have doesn't do well coverage-wise compared to my SprintPCS business dual-mode phone. SprintPCS and AT&T have much broader coverage areas [usually not a problem for us as we don't travel much, and when we do, it is usually to urban areas where VoiceStream serves up well...]

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I use Voicestream here in Albuquerque. I've been happy with their service and their customer service seems decent enough (from the couple of times I've had to call). I get billed directly from my credit card and twice I've had to cancel those cards for a completely different reason. I forgot to inform Voicestream that the card was no longer active and when they tried billing me, it was obviously declined. Instead of just cutting off my service, they went me a text message tell him that there was a problem and I should call them. They even gave me a week grace period too.
I also have a SprintPCS phone (its for work and lemme tell you, carrying two cell phones really sucks). The service it really spotty in my city. Its like swiss cheese and even when my phone reports a full signal its always has a lot of interference. In fact, I can't even use the phone in my apartment cause it'll keep dropping calls. Pretty convenient especially because I'm on-call 24/7.
Voicestream is actually a few seperate networks all put together so the service is going to vary wildly from one place to another. Your best bet would be to try to find someone who lives in your area and ask them.
www.howardforums.com is THE cell phone website :)

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I've been using voicestream for a bit over a year. No real complaints so far. Sometimes a get a system busy notification when I try to place a call, but usually all it takes is hitting redial once to get through.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
I have heard that Voicestream will be merging with cingular in about a year. I love the voicestream service i have but i think service will be even better once they merge. Don't go verizon that "can you hear me now" commercial is what i was always saying because people could never hear me:angry:, i never got good service with verizon.
jay

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I recently had to get a new phone. Neither Verizon nor Voicestream could work on my street. The phone was essentially worthless without analog, so I ended up with a sprint phone that seems to have solid digital service in my area.
Most of these companies have a trial program so be sure that the phone will work where you need it too. In the end, I discovered they're all worthless in hospitals so I had to get a beeper too. :frowning:

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
I went to Voicestream after being throughly disgusted with Sprint PCS (PrettyCrappyService). I have had great service both in the actual connection as well as with the customer service.

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
I have been with voicestream since April of last year. I have been very satisfied with their service. But a couple months back my phone started acting very poorly. It got to a point that when I drove to Houston to visit family that my phone wouldn't work at all. So I called customer support, which was very friendly IMHO, and they said that I needed a new phone since mine obviously had a problem. I was out of contract so I was able to sign a new contract and get a new nokia for free. Since the upgrade I have had killer reception everywhere and the phone is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks