What's new

Anyone here use the monster amps? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Just wondering if anyone has used the monster amps before and their thoughts on them?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

Thats not the question he asked.

Kevin_kr

If their amps are built to the same standard as their other high end gear they should perform very well. Though for the money I think they could be better options out their. Checkout NAD S250 for $999.

Kevin

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Why would I veto a decent product, that stands behind their product?

Kevin-thanks for the response, anyone else have any feedback on them?

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
It may be decent, but I'm sure it's overpriced just like anything else they sell. i know there is decent markup in a lot of this stuff, but Monster sets the bar for markup.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
And your money will go to help to crush small businesses. Be grateful this forum doesn't have "Monster" in the title, or you don't work for a company that also has Monster in the company name.

I hope you can sleep at night.

I wouldn't care if XXX product is the bee's knees, I would still boycott their products (and recommend others to do the same) indefinitely because of their actions :thumbsdown:

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
JohnSmith,

You've made your point so leave it at that. Do you honestly think Monsters the only company sueing others for copyright infrindgments? If the law allows them to do it then the law is flawed.

Jon,

Your correct that markup on Monster products are high. Is that the fault of Monster or the retailer selling it? Going to your local Big Box store to purchase Monster products leaves people with little room to negotiate price. Going to your local BM store allows for some negotiating room. I also put a link in my first response to the NAD S250 which is NAD's top of the line Silver Series. At 5x125w or 2x200w it has more than enough power for Kevin_kr needs.

Kevin

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Ok so this thread was not abashinh thread I wanted to know who had used them. You say I am killing the small business by buying them. What happens when to many people buy from a smaller cable like Blue Jean and they become big, do you stop buying them. Monster started out small just like everyone else.

Anyone here use the amps?

DanaA

Screenwriter
He's not referring to that. He's referring to the fact that they trademarked the word "Monster" and have been suing a great deal of smaller businesses using this name. Just bullying them imo even when their business has nothing to do with audio. "Monster" is a very common word: Now their arrogance thinks they own it.

So, a lot of people wish to boycott them. And, I might ask, when is Monster the best value in anything.

James Elvick

Supporting Actor
I have a local friend that has these amps and they sound VERY good. He has them paired with VR4jr.'s and they have tons of power, very nuetral and are built extremely well. Evidently ther were designed with Richard Marsh and seem to be excellent, but get zero press.

James Elvick

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
I fixed the link in my initial post about the NAD S250. You should seriously consider this as an option. For $999 you can't get an amp of its caliber and power.

Kevin

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Kevin_Kr,

Fair enough then if you're not paying full boat.

Kevin W,

Hey if a company can maximize their profit margin on their products, then more power to them. My hangup is how Monster goes about doing this. They turn all these salespeople in the big box stores into zombies, who in turn do nothing but push Monster on you. It's a combination of customers just not knowing, greedy salespeople looking for incentives, and Monster wanting to milk you for everything you haven't already spent on equiprment. That's about the time your heart sinks, when you realize that the clown at Ultimate Electronics says you'll need a few hundred dollars worth of Monster cables, plus the few hundred dollar power cleaner (which should never be bought upfront). I could go on ranting, but why bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks