anyone here use Polk rt55i speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EarleD, Feb 27, 2002.

1. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

I have been thinking about getting some new speakers. I currently am using Klipsch KG 4.2's(mains), KG 2.2v(center), KSB 3.1's(surrounds) and solid monitors(rears).

I have been thinking that if I got 3 pairs of Polk rt55i's would be quite nice for a HT/music setup. Crutchfield has them for 399 a pair.

I have a Denon 3802 for my receiver and am using an Acurus AT250 amp to power the mains.

Anyone here use Polk with Denon?

Any thoughts on Polk speakers? I use to own a pair of Polk 5jr's and thought they sounded good. Has Polk continued to produce quality speakers.

thanks

Earle

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

You will/can get varying replys about current polks speakers. I have a full HT setup using Polks and have nothing but great things to say about them. I sit and listen to music more now then when I was younger..with that said...

With that price you realy cant go wong... The speakers are a tad bit better for HT than music..but definatly get the job done and well. They image well and with the Denon..should sound great.

Some will say the Quality of Polk has gone down in the years. This may be true..but prices have been reflective and are hard to beat in their price points.

Get the 55i's now..cause they are being discontinued..and there will be no replacement..

good luck.Thomas a

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I for one think the Polk RT series is very nice, with a very natural midrange and great soundstage. I also think they're a bargain. Just gave 35i's to my daughter and she couldn't be happier. They wipe out anything her friends have.

4. Sean_Cunningham

I used a pair of rt55s for about 18 months, and really enjoyed them. I think I paid around $350/pr, and they were excellent value for money.

5. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

My buddy uses 55i's with his 2802, and I was impressed...very tight, a vengeful tweeter, and a nice fit and finish