What's new

Anyone here speak German? (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Supporting Actor
As the auction gets nearer to the end, I think I'm going to need a couple more questions translated. Maybe Dominik can help me here, with the following:

What is your prefered method of payment? Can I send you a money order in Euro Dollars or would you prefer to do a wire transfer? If you want to do a wire transfer, can you send me your account information?

If he does accept money orders:

I will send you an international money order in Euro Dollars via Express Mail. It should get to you soon. Please let me know when you receive it.

If he wants to do a wire transfer:

I will go to my bank tomorrow and I will transfer the funds in to your account.

I have done the transfer. Let me know when the funds show up on your account.

Thanks!

Jeff

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
it's about 3.30 in germany, maybe dominik is up, if not I'll ask my friend to do it tomorrow when I get into work if you don't have your answers.

I'm surprised the seller doesn't speak even a little english. I speak to a lot of germans, and I have honestly not run into one yet that I couldn't communicate with.

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
Well here's my attempt at some translations for you, might want to wait until Dominick posts before using these cause they may have some errors or may sound a little off. I understand German better than I can speak it right now, there are some subtleties to the way certain prepositions are used I still have trouble with as well as vocabulary.

What is your prefered method of payment? Can I send you a money order in Euro Dollars or would you prefer to do a wire transfer? If you want to do a wire transfer, can you send me your account information?

Welch Arte von Bezahlung halten Sie lieber?, Kann ich Ihr eine Postanweisung von Euro schicken, oder waere eine telegraphische Geldüberweisung besser sein? Falls Sie eine telegraphische Geldüberweisung machen moechten, koennen Sie mir ihre Kontoinformation schicken?

If he does accept money orders:

I will send you an international money order in Euro Dollars via Express Mail. It should get to you soon. Please let me know when you receive it.

Ich werde Ihr durch Express Mail eine internationale Postanweisung von Euro schicken. Sie soll bald ankommen. Geben Sie mir bitte Bescheid als sie kommt an.

If he wants to do a wire transfer:

Ich werde auf die Bank Morgen gehen um die Geldanlagen in Ihrem Konto zu ueberweisen

Ich habe die Ueberweisung gemacht. Geben Sie mir Bescheid sobald die Geldanlagen im Konto ist.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Here we go, sorry, didn't check until now.
Jeff_Krueger, your german is a little shaky but understandable. You could have used that. :)

"Welche Methode der Bezahlung bevorzugen Sie? Kann ich es Ihnen eine money order (Postanweisung) zuschicken, oder wäre Ihnen eine Abwicklung über Überweisung lieber? Sollten Sie die Überweisung bevorzugen, schicken Sie mir bitte Ihre Kontodaten."

"Ich werde Ihnen eine interantionale money order in Euro über Express Mail zukommen lassen. Sie sollte in Kürze bei Ihnen sein. Bitte lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn Sie da ist."

"Ich werde morgen zur Bank gehen und Ihnen das Geld überweisen."

"Ich habe die Überweisung ausgeführt. Bitte lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn das Geld auf Ihrem Konto ist."

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
yeah I got about another five months here to improve, and wow did I ever have a brain fart on the the Dative form of "Sie", it's stuff like that that screws me up, I do know the stuff I make mistakes on but just have brain farts, it's still not very natural to me yet. You know everyone says it will just click after a while and eveything will just fall into place, I'm having my doubts about that though.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Philip, yes most German sellers do speak some English, but I do come across some that don't. What surprises me is that he has "Worldwide" selected for this auction. Ususally non English speaking Germans ship to Germany only.

Dominik/Jeff, great timing thanks. Maybe you guys can let me know if this line, from his reply, says that there was no former battery in this watch or did have one. Even with Altavista Translations, I'm not sure. I do know it says that it currently has no battery but then I'm not sure if it says it never had a battery or it did have one that ran out.

Ich hatte diesen Deckel schon einmal geöffnet: es ist keine Batterie eingesetzt, es war keine Batterie ausgelaufen

If it did have a battery in it, I should ask him:

Are there any signs of battery leakage inside? And does it look like it needs to be cleaned?

Thanks again, everyone!

Jeff

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Ich hatte diesen Deckel schon einmal geöffnet: es ist keine Batterie eingesetzt, es war keine Batterie ausgelaufen
"I did have the cover open at one time: there is no battery in it and there was no leakage."

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Perfect, Dominick. Thanks again. Altavista Translations is so imprecise with that sentence.

Jeff

MikePG-13

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Ja hallo bin neu hier, würde gerne etwas in den anderen threads posten, muss aber ca. 10 postings erreicht haben um eine URL adresse posten zu können :frowning:

wäre nett wenn ich hier meine 10 postings machen könnte, werde dann aber auch natürlich in englisch schreiben. :emoji_thumbsup:

p.s. also bitte nicht schlagen :)

Der Countdown 10...

MfG

Mike

MikePG-13

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
1... thank you
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks