What's new

Anyone here seen/likes "Demon Seed"? (1 Viewer)

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this as part of my Film course, and it really scared the crap out of me, and found it quite disturbing. Then again you don't excpect to see films about machines raping women at 8:30 in the morning.
I found the use of imagry and sound very effective and added to the errie smell the film has.

Darren H

Second Unit
added to the errie smell the film has
I haven't seen Demon Seed, but I'm curious.
wink.gif

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I first saw this movie on cable in the 70s and scared me also. Its a good movie, Its on my DVD buy list.
------------------
Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation
http://apacure.org/

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I am also a fan of this film but regrettably it was released by MGM so Warner now has the rights to it. This film got a lot of negative reaction due to the subject matter but IMO it is a very underrated film.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Interesting and stylish Donald Cammell film, and I remember reading the much more sexually explict novel on which it was based.
I'm curious, what kind of film course would include Demon Seed in its curriculum?
------------------
Link Removed

Stephen_M

Agent
Yes!!! I liked this film a lot - one of the most unusual, psychotic films I have ever seen. Donald Cammell was a pretty bizarre individual and he had some hellacious arguments with MGM at the time. IFC aired a documentary on him and as I recall, MGM cut the hell out of it and Cammell disavowed the film.
There are also trippy sequences contributed by Jordan Belson that pop up during the "machine rape" sequence. This is one weird film....WB - please bring it to DVD!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yep good film, I saw this at the cinema back in the 70's and have it in widescreen on video, it has some weird imagery and a bit of violence, and the only movie I can think of that has a computer raping a woman and making her pregnant! And it has a shock ending too.
Robert Vaughn was the chilling voice of Proteus
Demon Seed is well worth seeking out.
ps. The director Donald Cammell killed himself in 1996.

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator
My course?
Well i'm doing a Degree at Brunel University London (England)
We watched the film Demon Seed as part of my Sci-fi module, also watched Event Horizon, Westworld, T2, and an old creaky 1950-60's film about some ship that lands on a planet and all the crew keep on seeing creatures that aren't really there, I can't recall the title.

John Torrez

Second Unit
I read the book a while back and enjoyed the premise. Now I may just have to see the movie.
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks