What's new

Anyone here live in Phoenix? (1 Viewer)

BenG

Agent
I'm considering moving to Phoenix soon.
Anyone have any suggestions on a "nice" neighborhood to look for an apartment? I'm hopefully going to be attending ASU at Tempe shortly after I get down there; so proximity to the campus is a plus.
Any input about Phoenix, related to this exact topic or not, is appreciated :)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I lived in Phoenix for a year from 2k-2k1, thought it was great. The weather is like Africa hot 364 days a year but that's just what I expected. All of your pro sports are local (basketball, football, baseball, hockey) and there always seemed like there was someplace to go or something to do. A couple of hours north will have you skiing in Flagstaff, south takes you to Mexico, and just west is the Pacific Ocean. The cost of living is quite reasonable and despite the fact that Phoenix has a large population the city is quite clean and doesn't feel congested. If I remember correctly there aren't any bad neighborhoods surrounding ASU. The not so nicest of areas were some of the older parts of the city approaching downtown but Tempe is a ways from that.

Ron AZ

Agent
Ben.. I have lived in the Phoenix area since 1985. I have found it to be the best place I have ever lived. There is so much to do here, great restaurants, activities, concerts, sports, easy to get around by car, public transportation not very good, ASU great school...and oh by the way did I mention it gets HOT here in the summer. True, the humidity is lower and that helps, but it is still HOT. Ok in the coldest of winter, you might have to put on a light jacket. Everyplace you live in Phx, gives you FREE SNOW REMOVAL for life. good luck...Ron AZ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks