What's new

anyone here listen to Coldplay (1 Viewer)

ryan_x

Stunt Coordinator
I bought their album a couple of months ago and I just can't stop listening to it...I think its amazing!...and this is coming from someone who usually listens to Hip Hop and Heavy Metal...Its just really good music to chill and relax to...and every songs good

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hmm. It's okay, I guess but a pale shadow to The Bends and OK Computer for me. To be fair they've been soo overplayed here it's hard to have a nice objective view anymore. They're a good live band too but you just know they're never quite going to 'rawk' which takes a bit of the edge out of it. They do You Only Live Twice as an encore, however, and it's a really cool version.:)

ryan_x

Stunt Coordinator
Very True...but comparing The bends and Ok Computer to Parachutes is like comparing the NFL to the CFL...Radioheads early stuff was just amazing...no comparison...Coldplay is more the type of band you would see live at a local bar...while your chillin with a few friends enjoying a Pint of ale...sort of like the Tragically Hip...but not as rockin

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Ryan, I love Coldplay. There isn't one song on Parachutes that I don't listen to. Love their sound!

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Theo, I would argue that Coldplay has been overplayed here as well. It's not a bad album, but I'd take the Doves' Lost Souls over Parachutes any day. You might want to check them out as well, Ryan.
EDIT: I must take offense with you comparing Coldplay to The Hip. ;)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Very True...but comparing The bends and Ok Computer to Parachutes is like comparing the NFL to the CFL...Radioheads early stuff was just amazing...no comparison
Well I wasn't trying to start a big who's better thing. For me Coldplay (like Travis) just seem to be find the more MOR aspects of Radiohead and packaging them.

Ryan said he doesn't listen to that normally so I thought he might not have paid much attention to earlier Radiohead.

Doves' Lost Souls is indeed an excellent album. I would rate it above Parachutes, though some might argue against that due to Chris Martin's superb vocals.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Theo, I would argue that Coldplay has been overplayed here as well.
It's been overplayed in the US, yup, but nowhere near as much as it was in the UK. Coldplay & Travis have been played to death, flogged some more, ressurrected & played to death again back in the UK :)
It actually took me moving to the US to start appreciating Travis' songs like "Why does it always rain on me?". I heard it so much back in Glasgow I couldn't stand it /at all/. Hearing it six months later in the UK, it was fresh again ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks