What's new

Anyone here like JVC tv's? (1 Viewer)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I've had a 20" JVC television for at least eight years and it is still working like new. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one of their sets.

Billy Fife

Grip
Thanks Carl this tv seems to look nice and pretty good price. I have a jvc boombox, and it also has never given me any problems :emoji_thumbsup:

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Which D series model is that? The 302? If it is, what's the price you found on it? This one's on my list of TV's I'm randomly researching :)

Ben Scott

Auditioning
Yeah, I went with the JVC D series 202. Served me well for picture and ease of use, but there's a slight hum that only exists in that model I think. Only noticable at low volumes, but still irritating to the discerning ear.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
How easy/difficult is it to do the 16:9 squeeze on the JVC D-series TVs? I've read that the Samsung's can do it from the remote, and a new line of Toshiba TVs that will be released soon is supposed to do it too without having to go into the service menu.

Basically, many people seem to consider Toshiba, JVC and Samsung as good buys in the 27" size and sub-$400 price range. Since I'm not much of a video buff, I'm pretty sure I would be happy with any one of these (especially since a TV setup at Best Buy is probably pretty poorly calibrated), so then it comes down to features and price. I don't watch cable so PIP etc. aren't needed, I do watch DVDs so an easy way to do the squeeze would be nice.

Can a learning remote be programmed with a macro to enter the service menu and perform these changes? I would think not, since the procedure usually seems to involve pressing multiple buttons, some on the TV and some on the remote.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Actually on my 32 inch JVC I have the service menu squeeze set up on macros. I just hit the buttons and since all the commands are remote based it just does its thing without me having to remember how the hell I did it or going through the process more than the first time.

Keith Ro

Agent
Can the I'Art flatscreen series do the squeeze? If so does anyone know specifically how?

Also,I've seen a lot more written about similar Sony, Toshiba and Panasonic models. Any thoughts as to how it compares?

Steve Sz

Agent
My first color TV I owned was a JVC 20" back in 78 (+/- a year). It had a real wood case and had was model number (I'm guessing) 7820 or 7830 something I think. It was a dynamite set I was talked into by the salesman after walking in the store planning to buy a sony. It was cheaper and actually did have a better picture.

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 32 inch JVC D-Series, and looks great. The only thing I have noticed on my set is is that when I do the Video Esentialls calibration I find that it has a hard time holding black.

Other than that it is a nice set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks