What's new

Anyone here like "Airwolf" or "The Equalizer"? (1 Viewer)

MartyG

Grip
Hey everyone,

I'm new here - Been looking for a place just like this one for sometime - there's quite a few of you's who love Eighties shows, and I love the reviews that someone has written up for The A-Team and Quantum Leap - forgive me, I can't remember his or her name, but may I mention that the reason there were no extra materials for the A-Team Season 1 set, is because the original cast demanded a higher wage for appearing in what was planned a 30-minute retrospective documentary, along with a featurette or two, and an audio commentary for the original NBC 2-hour Pilot Episode, 'MEXICAN SLAYRIDE'. I think it was Mr. T who started the argument over the payments, etc.

I'm disappointed that two of the most internationally well-known and popular Eighties action drama series haven't even been given a mention by Universal: Airwolf, starring Jan-Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine, about a super black & white multi-armed, Mach 1 plus helicopter (Created and Executive Produced by Donald P. Bellisario, who served the same production roles for Magnum, p.i. and Quantum Leap, and currently J.A.G. and Navy N.C.I.S.), and The Equalizer, starring Edward Woodward, about a former CIA agent who retires to act as a one-man security officer, serving those who have exceeded all kinds of legal justice action, and whose lifes are in imminent, and usually potentially fatal danger.

I would like to know how many people on these boards remember these two top-class, highly original and unique, and well-recognised cult classic shows from the best decade for television. I was going to ask you all if you could please sign "The Equalizer on DVD and Music CD", but I haven't posted 15 posts yet, so unfortunately I can't list the direct URL of the petition.

Thanks again,
Marty

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I love Airwolf, and I'm confident we'll see it sooner rather than later. After all, some or most of it is available on DVD right now through Columbia House. I don't want to get it piecemeal through them, so I'll wait. But, I think CH is a pretty good indicator of what's to come. Hogan's Heroes, I Love Lucy, the A-Team . . . just a fraction of the shows released individually through CH before getting season releases.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The Equalizer is one of my top hopes for a dvd release. It is a Universal property and they have been pretty gung-ho about releasing older tv properties.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Loved Airwolf! :D I especially got a kick out of the fact that it was a knock-off of "Blue Thunder", and was a better show.

Kinda stopped watching when they brought in Barry Van Dyke as St. John Hawke though...

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
If I ever have kids, my firstborn son will be named STRING FELLOW HAWK.;) :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Hi,
I'm new here too! I love anything from the 70's and 80's.
I like Airwolf too! It's one of my favorite 80's shows.
Every dvd I buy is from the 70's and 80's! I avoid shows made in the 90's and 2000's like a plague. Except a few movies like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. :)

I guess I'm a old fogey before my time but I'd rather be watching Happy Days. Oh these kids nowadays with their buffy and angel.... :D

Hey, can somebody please tell me why it is that the uk gets all of these great shows on dvd/video and we don't!?
I mean they've had Knight Rider and The Six Million Dollar Man on dvd for at least a couple of years.
I did a search on amazonuk.com back in 2002 or so for Knight Rider, AirWolf and The Six Million Dollar Man thinking perhaps I could get a region free dvd player.
But, anyway why is this? At least we are getting Knight Rider finally!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think I've made it clear in this thread, but I would actually say Airwolf is probably my most-wanted TV on DVD. Not enough to go the CH route, though. ;)

MartyG

Grip
Hey, I'm glad quite a few people remember the show - I thought seeing as if no one at all had mentioned either Airwolf or The Equalizer, no one would reply to this topic.

Greg and Tony - you're not alone, when it comes to the Sinjin Hawke season - the budget for the original CBS show was $1.1 million dollars per episode. The budget for the Canadian 4th Season, starring Barry Van Dyke as Sinjin Hawke, was only $400,000 per-episode.

The 4th Season was made by the USA Network, because the original series only lasted for 3 seasons, and the rules for a show to be bought for syndication purposes is that they must have at least 4 seasons, but really, the original series only lasted for 2 and a half seasons, as the show premiered in January, 1984, and was cancelled in March, 1986.

I have quite a few of the CH DVD's of Airwolf - the quality is so sharp, clean and super-vibrant coloured. The sound is also amazing - shows this old were meant to be released on single-sided discs, with 2-3 episodes a disc, not double-sided, and 4-8 episodes a disc. Fingers crossed the quality is still decent and watchable, and not blurred at all.

What extra materials and special/bonus features would you all like to see in an Airwolf or The Equalizer 1st Season DVD-Set, along with disc specifications, like sound, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks