What's new

Anyone here going to buy Matrix:Revisited - if so why? (1 Viewer)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I do love the film but I just can't see myself spending $15 on a disc with just a few extras.
But I am happy with the separate packaging idea.
I just had to ask.
Jon
------------------
Where the heck is Plucky? HERE DUCKY DUCKY DUCKY!!!
Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

Brad M

Second Unit
It's on my "possible buy" list. I'm waiting to hear a little more about it. Price also plays a part. If I can find it for $10 I'll get it for sure.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
It is on my "might possibly get" list too... I have a feeling this one will get heavily discounted online, and I will not get it as soon as it is released, but I do want to get it someday. First because the extras on the first disc was not really that good, and I'm hoping the documentaries on this disc will be better. Second because of the Matrix 2 stuff.
------------------
Click here if you want to see Looney Tunes on DVD!
"You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life!"
Click here to admit you want to see Ford Fairlane on DVD!
DVD List Link Removed

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Can someone post what will be on this disk? Also, if I do end up getting it, I want both disks in the same package. How is it being released? Will it come in a slipcase box that the movie can slip into, will it be a Warner dual snapper, or dual keepcase? What?
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Neil, what you could do is print an insert for "The Matrix" and place it in a amaray that holds two DVDs (like for "The Phantom Menace) and then you could store "The Matrix" and "The Matrix Revisited" in one case.
As for the content, I'm not reall sure what's on the disc. I don't consider it to be much more than a promotional disc for "The Matrix Reloaded" so I probably won't be buying it unless members here are really raving about it.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Not I. I'm not into extras. Well, I take that back - on some films, I watch them, but I wouldn't pay extra for them. I certainly wouldn't buy a separate disc full of 'em.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Because I want to see more of Carrie Ann Moss' a**.
Oh wait, I mean, because extras are interesting from a cultural point of view.

Rob T

Screenwriter
probably. it depends on what extras there are and the cost. I'm kind of tight for cash right now and I'm waiting for the B5 test disc so I'll probably get it after the B5 test disc comes out.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Also, if I do end up getting it, I want both disks in the same package. How is it being released? Will it come in a slipcase box that the movie can slip into, will it be a Warner dual snapper, or dual keepcase? What?
If you buy the two-pack, you will be getting the two individual DVDs, all enclosed in a slipcase box that holds both snapper cases.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Margo

Agent
Yes... because I really, really liked the movie and want to see any extras that they have. I've had it on pre-order for weeks so I must be their target audience...
wink.gif

Rick Bertuzzi

Auditioning
Hello all,
I will definately be purchasing this disc. Although The Matrix already has quite a bit of behind-the-scenes features, I'd really like to see the preview of the anime-prequel as well as a short preview to The Matrix Reloaded. Although, purchasing this disc based on only these two features may not be worth the price tag, it's one of my favourite movies and I'll be buying it for that reason alone.
drool.gif

If you would like to read a review for The Matrix Revisited DVD, check out this link:
http://www2.thematrixonline.com/docs/4814.html
Cheers,
Rick.

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
If it is three dollars? Sure!
However, I buy my movies for 'the movie' and not
what the extras are. As a matter of fact, I probably
have watched only 50% of the extras from my collection
of DVD's. Being only the commentaries, trailers and
unique behind-the-sceen clips. I always forgo the
Showtime, HBO spots.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if the theatrical trailers will be included on this disc. The movie edition only included it on the dvd rom portion..
Elbert

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Right now I have no plans to buy this DVD, but if it gets really great reviews I might consider it. I just can't imagine watching this DVD much, especially after the second Matrix movie is released.
------------------
Link Removed

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I just saw in today's paper a comic strip in which is was mentioned that the woman who played the Oracle in the Matrix ("have a cookie") died of diabetes. Is this true? What a shame. She had such a great delivery of her lines; made a small part really memorable.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's true. It's unknown whether she filmed for the next 2 films before she died
That was "The Boondocks" BTW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.