What's new

anyone here get motogp for the xbox yet? (1 Viewer)

GaryAR

Agent
i picked it up yesterday, and i only played it for a couple hours, but the game just rocks. very realistic lighting/environmental effects (i love the shadows, the sun is modeled behind clouds and looks very real, water droplets on the screen when the course is wet, etc.) and a great control scheme. the independant front/rear braking plus the ability to lean is killer (of coures, i haven't played a motorcycle sim since motoracer for the pc so that may be nothing new). overall, seems like a must-have title.

any other opinions?

-gary

Garen_S

Grip
Im also thinking of picking that game up. It looks like a good game, I may get it after I get Rallisport Challenge. One question, there has been some dispute over it having a 16x9 feature, what do you think? Does it have an optiont to turn on 16x9 or does it use the dash settings?

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Don't worry, it's 16:9. It uses the dashboard settings to enable it, no need to go looking through menus.

I'd like to add that this game is very well made and definitely worth the purchase. There is not one instance of slowdown and the attention to detail is mind blowing. One look at the use of motion blur and you'll understand.

Oh yeah, and if you want to fall on the floor in tears from laughing hysterically, play the arcade mode until you unlock the "bring, ding, ding" feature.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I bought it about 2 weeks ago. I'm really enjoying it. Right on the level with Rallisport in my opinion and in some way better. This is the first racing game that actually had me enjoying those damnable tests they put you through in the training:). Thats not a usual for me.
I especially love the way the bikes handle. I swear it feels like your lugging around a 200+ pound bike when your turning. The haze effect is neat when you get some speed going and the real challenge comes when you try to play the game from "bike windshield" perspective..Good luck on that one!;)

Thong T

Auditioning
I bought it when it first came out. Good game like Rallisport Challenge. Good mix of arcade and sim. The Arcade point system sounded stupid, but after playing doing all the wheelies, slides, endos, it's pretty fun! You can turn off the Arcade point system, btw.

Thong

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks