Anyone here DESIGN their own audio rack?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lynn Johnson, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Lynn Johnson

Lynn Johnson Stunt Coordinator

Dec 12, 2001
    I'm in the market for an audio rack, but for whatever reason, I just don't like what I see available through retail. Believe me, I've looked. The features I'm looking for are: 5-6 shelves, cable management, and that it be in a cabinet - yet still have easy access to the receiver to attach and detatch speaker wire etc from the rear. So, can any of you post pics or gimme ideas when designing this rack? Thanks...
  2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

Jul 12, 2001
    the studiotech ultra series might fit your bill but at quite a premium. i think the rack you described would cost around $900. personally, i don't think there is any rack available at a reasonable price point that has all the features you describe. hate to burst your bubble...but i think you're chasing a pipe dream unless you're willing to spend major $$$. if you find something that does fit your bill at a good price...please please please post it here so everybody can check it out.
    kevin t
    my apologies...i thought you were looking for a retail rack and not advice on a diy rack. best of luck going the diy route as it will most likely be the cheapest way for you to get what you want.
  3. Oscar W

Oscar W Stunt Coordinator

Jun 5, 2000
    Ha! Finally found it, deep down in the HTF Archives. How about making your own flexy rack?
    Very good instructions with pics located here in the archives.
    [​IMG] to Joseph Howard
    Here is another with some more flexy info in it.
  4. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Feb 7, 2000
    Henry Carmona
    Sorry no cabinet, or cable management [​IMG]
    Just a DIY Flexy Rack [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You can get fancy or simple.
    Mines 3/4" Red Oak, stained
    w/red oak trim
    5/8" Stainless Steel all thread rods
    5/8" Stainless Steel Nuts and Washers
    Ive since added another shelf. Sorry no pics of the equiptment on it.
    Very stout.