Anyone here a fan of the band Catatonia?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Weinberg, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

A friend of mine just recently introduced me to this band, and I was rather surprised that I had never even HEARD of them. I was wondering how popular this band is in other countries, as it seems they were relatively ignored here in the states.

If you wann check out this band's best stuff and see if I'm insane or not, look for the songs "Dazed, Battered & Bruised", "I am the Mob" and "Road Rage".

(This is my first ever post in the Music forum. Did I do OK?)

2. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

those songs would be off their previous album, I have their latest 'Paper Scissors Stone' and I enjoy it quite a lot, the lead singer has quite a distinctive voice.

3. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

What style of music do they play?

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

5. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I think you missed an album out. The tracks "Road Rage" and "I Am The Mob" are both from "International Velvet", which was their breakthrough album over here in the UK and their most accessible one, probably. "Strange Glue" is perhaps the best track on that album.

They are a Welsh band and I believe they had one or two albums previous to that which included Welsh language stuff, and a mate of mine really liked for their quirkiness.

They had one more album after IV and before Paper, scissors... called "Equally Cursed and Blessed" which included the "Dazed, Beautiful and Bruised" and the single "Dead from the Waist Down".

6. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

Are you sure "Road Rage" isn't on Equally Cursed And Blessed? I only ask because it's on my copy. [​IMG]
    "Mulder And Scully" is another entertaining track from that album. I wasn't aware that the band broke up.