What's new

Anyone heard that new Dayton 10" sub yet? (1 Viewer)

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
anybody? 125$ is still a considerable sum for me at this point, so I would definitely love to hear some opinions...my sub now is a Sony SAW-M200 (?)-the little 99$ one & I'm ready to upgrade...I would love to hear opinions on the Dayton & if you feel it would be a better choice (enough to warrant the purchase :) ) than the Sony...it's a 10" of course, & the Sony is an 8", so that alone may make it worth it...BTW my room is about 14x14' & the sub will be paired up w/ my Fluance AV-HTB's...thanks in advance for any comments advice..
p.s. couldn't finbd ANY standard reviews of the Dayton yet...any links to reviews would also be sincerely appreciated!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
There have been a couple of threads about this sub over the last week. I think if you do a search on "Tiny Mity II" you should find something. There are several guys that have purchased them already and they seem to be quite pleased with them. I think it would easily be a step up from the Sony. Hell, any Sony!:)

george.Legeza

Stunt Coordinator
I can't comment just yet, but I've ordered two of them after being advised that these little guys easily beat out most subwoofers in the $200-$300 price range that I was looking in.

Mine is scheduled to come in this friday, so if you still haven't decided by then I can add my review to help you out. :)

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
thanks to all who gave input here...thx especially to Brian, as I didn't know the sub was called the "Tiny Mity", and a forum search for that gave me the some of the answers i needed...I just ordered the sub...will do a mini review when i get it (no bar graphs or anything :) just what my (pitiful) ears tell me...i suspect from what i've read that I will love it hehe (fingers crossed)

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
i just got mine a few days ago (very quick service BTW!) & am still "setting it up" as it were, but i can tell you this (keeping in mind i am an HT novice): this Dayton sub absolutely SMOKES the Sony I had :) i am thrilled so far...movies sound great, music could potentially sound great (from what I'm hearing so far, my Fluance's aren't great music speakers...wonderful HT speakers for the price, nut just ok on music, which is ok...i rarely listen to music at home)...back to the sub: it is more powerful, WAY more tight & "focused" sounding, and can be "felt" much better than the Sony...highly, highly recommended for anyone on a REALLY tight budget (I can only dream of spending more than 2-300$ on 1 speaker or sub :)...sigh...it's no fun having caviar taste on a McDonald's budget :)
I think I'm gonna go in w/ a friend on an SPL meter & see if that helps, but if sound calibration is as intimidating as Avia video calibration, it may take me a while to get it done/do it right :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks