What's new

Anyone heard of visaton (1 Viewer)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have not personally heard the speakers, or their drivers. Interesting drivers: "broad range". I clicked on their "Solitude" model (MMM tower speaker)...three mid-woof sized drivers and no tweeter, but, as they say, broad range. Then I saw the frequency spec: "25-20000 Hz (-10dB)" Without clarification, that tells me that the LF 25 Hz figure is probably -10 dB and the HF 20000 Hz figure could also be -10 dB. -10 dB is NONTRIVIAL. That begs the question: what are the -3dB points?
Click on the FR graph - pretty ragged hills and valleys above 2 kHz.
They apparently don't have a U.S. dealer, so you'd need to consider shipping costs, and then if you didn't like the speaker, you would probably have to pay for return shipping.
Sorry to sound negative, and I FOR SURE don't want to cast aspersions on a DIY-friendly company, wherever they are, but I'm just saying continue your search until you find more than one person who has listened to the company's speakers.

Mark gas

Second Unit
Thier prices also seem very high. If I am reading it right there 2 way ALTO GENESIS SAT is 145,29 EURO meaning 18,510.35 USD unless that comma is supposed to be a period.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the rest of the world uses a comma as we use a period in numbers. I also think their prices are a bit high.

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
I've never heard the Visaton drivers either... but there is a local distributor in Canada, which is www.solen.ca (the caps guys).

When compare to Vifa, Scan Speak, Seas... the prices in Canadian dollars do seem a little high since they are somewhat less known here. Perhaps it's a different story in Europe?
Rob

TimForman

Supporting Actor
The Visaton B200 is quite popular amongst the "full-range" and "open-baffle" crowd. It is supposed to be quite enjoyable in OB and is usually accompanied by a large woofer in the same baffle, similar to the Eminence Beta series woofers. You can imagine what size baffle we're talking about (~48" to 60" width). From what I've been told the rest of the line-up is less spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks