Anyone heard of Ultra Linear

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Murphy, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Paul Murphy

Paul Murphy Stunt Coordinator

Im just wondering cause i found a store that has some 200 watt front speakers for 149. Is it to good to be true. I just want to no if anyone knows how good they are

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

this rings somewhat of those 'white van' speakers. i'd stay away.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

What is "200 watt speakers" supposed to mean..... Do you mean just power handling for loudness? This has nothing to do with sound quality, and nothing to do with loudness unless you have a damn nice amp to go with them AND you know their sensitivity.... And chu makes a good point.

4. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

I think it means you can play a 20hz sine wave through them at 200 watts and they'll be ok [​IMG]

5. Tom Camlioglu

Tom Camlioglu Stunt Coordinator

It "is" probably too good to be true. I went with a friend just today to a store called "XS Cargo". This "store" mainly dealt with refurbished items as well as items of "little known" 3rd rate manufacturers (like Dibeisi).

I saw the Ultra Linear's there (two different tower models, one with 6" woofers, one with 8" woofers), and let me tell you ... don't waste your money on this, it would be foolish IMO.

I'd be surprised if there was even a "mediocre" cross-over in those speakers!

Definitely a "white van" special ... STAY AWAY!!