Anyone heard of the a program Iuass.exe or Luass.exe?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Chet_F, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

The problem is that I receive an error message:
    Windows - Fatal Exception Exit
    Tiny Personal Firewall driver: append fragment to longpath: get long file name error:, File: IUass(this may also be LUass.exe)

Then another window pops up that states:
    Tiny Personal Firewall has detected that application D:winntsystem32 was replaced by another application with description 'system32'. Do you want to accept replacement of this application?

At which point I click no. I've looked for that specific file name on my hard drive and have yet to find it. I have also searched google but have yet to find out what this file is.

Any help would surely be appreciated.......Thanks [​IMG]

2. shaniceMW

shaniceMW Stunt Coordinator

this is a program used by xp for system authentication of local users. be careful that this file has not been renamed or another file has not been created with the same name. could be a virus so be careful. do a virus scan. the file itself is not harmful.

http://forum.theispguide.com/isp-ftopic135.html

this may help

3. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

The file name is either Iuass.exe or Luass.exe not Isass.exe. We have already found that file and what it does. The system that we are troubleshooting is a Windows 2000 environment.

4. sumant

sumant Auditioning

Hi chet
    I got the same file "Iuass.exe"(or maybe Luass.exe") in my win 2k system.Can you tell me what this file is and how you removed it.
    Thanks
    Sumant