What's new

anyone heard of televisionpreview.com? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just recieved a mailer with 4 tickets to go to a preview of a possible new tv show.

anyone else heard of this.
i dont remember signing up for this but my name on the addressed envelope has a spelling that i used for a credit card at one time.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I received one of these mailers a couple weeks ago, for a screening in Milwaukee, but I couldn't attend. I thought I got it because I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
This sounds very similar to some tickets that I've had in the past. I have gone three times in three different years and it was always the same shows.

It is really just a way to get people to watch a bunch of commercials (since the first show (always the pilot for Valerie Harper's The City whenever I've gone) and the second show (in my case Blind Men with the inconcievable guy and Puddy) are shown with commercials ("to make the tv show viewing experience more realistic").

Counting its original airing, I have seen The City four times now and the hats alone would make me want to kill myself if I ever had to sit through it again. I liked Blind Men and you won't get to see it anywhere else, so if you can stand 2 hours for 20 minutes of amusement then go for it. Assuming that those are the shows they're using and that it is the same company.

I noticed a lot of people 'dressed up' in the audience, since the tickets make it seem like you're going to some big premiere rather than testing commercials.

Misha

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
I went to the same thing as the poster above once. There was "The City" and a crap show about soul mates. When I got the tickets, I assumed it would be something at least worthwhile, but it was not. I wouldn't waste my time again.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the note that came with the 4 tix said dress casual, as you would at home when you watch tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks