anyone heard of televisionpreview.com?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by TonyD, Jul 23, 2004.

1. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i just recieved a mailer with 4 tickets to go to a preview of a possible new tv show.

anyone else heard of this.
    i dont remember signing up for this but my name on the addressed envelope has a spelling that i used for a credit card at one time.

2. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I received one of these mailers a couple weeks ago, for a screening in Milwaukee, but I couldn't attend. I thought I got it because I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly.

3. MishaLauenstein

MishaLauenstein Supporting Actor

Misha Lauenstein
    This sounds very similar to some tickets that I've had in the past. I have gone three times in three different years and it was always the same shows.

It is really just a way to get people to watch a bunch of commercials (since the first show (always the pilot for Valerie Harper's The City whenever I've gone) and the second show (in my case Blind Men with the inconcievable guy and Puddy) are shown with commercials ("to make the tv show viewing experience more realistic").

Counting its original airing, I have seen The City four times now and the hats alone would make me want to kill myself if I ever had to sit through it again. I liked Blind Men and you won't get to see it anywhere else, so if you can stand 2 hours for 20 minutes of amusement then go for it. Assuming that those are the shows they're using and that it is the same company.

I noticed a lot of people 'dressed up' in the audience, since the tickets make it seem like you're going to some big premiere rather than testing commercials.

Misha

4. Travis_S

Travis_S Supporting Actor

Travis
    I went to the same thing as the poster above once. There was "The City" and a crap show about soul mates. When I got the tickets, I assumed it would be something at least worthwhile, but it was not. I wouldn't waste my time again.

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    the note that came with the 4 tix said dress casual, as you would at home when you watch tv.