Anyone heard of Pro-Linear ??

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Joe Mihok, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Joe Mihok

Joe Mihok Second Unit

They sell them at A&B Sound up here in the Great White North. I bought a pair of them in the spring and for $150 they sound not bad (for $150 speakers anyways). I just wanted to get other people's opinions.

Don't worry, I am upgrading very soon [​IMG].

2. Cesar

Cesar Extra

Wow, I haven't heard that brand since the late 70's. We had pair way back and they were OK.

3. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

their name sounds very white-van.

4. Christopher E

Christopher E Stunt Coordinator

I've seen Pro-Linear speakers in an A&B Sound in Vancouver. Never heard them though.

5. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

6. PaulWY

PaulWY Extra

The specs for the Base Cube 10 on the web site look pretty good. Goes down to 17 Hz with 400 watt amp for $549 CAD MSRP. Has anybody heard this thing yet? The Base Cube 8 doesn't look too shabby either. I'm interested...

7. Joe Mihok

Joe Mihok Second Unit

LoL, look what I started. The speakers I got are the PL5.6X2T. They have 4 binding posts on the backs of them. what does that mean ?

They sounded pretty shitty at first. But after 6 months they are sounding a bit better .... actually they sound pretty good in DTS and DD.

8. plexsus

plexsus Auditioning

I've had these pair of speakers back in 1992 i tweak with its paper cone by painting it with Tremclad paint to stiffen the cone and removing the plastic pipe at the back because of the sound that it was making like Rory Buszka said... a barfing. Now these speakers sounded like day and night from before...bass are tighter deeper more body.. high notes are cleaner more zing to it. I resently bought myself a pair of Polk Audio speakers Rti A9 $1,699.90 per pair and compare the two for musical sound... im sorry but my Pro-Linear Pl5.6x2 blew the Polk Audio out the door. The Polk Audio had more power 500w to be exact but for dynamic sound Pro-Linear is the winner. I am thinking of getting another pair soon MSRP $449.00 CAD. You cant go wrong with a little tweak.[​IMG] [​IMG]