What's new

Anyone heard of GR Research Kits? (1 Viewer)

Mac F

Agent
his company is right here, about 10 blocks from where I used to have an office. I met him at the Texas speaker building contest earlier this month, but have never had an opportunity to do any critical listening on his products.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

Also, check to see if they offer the kits with the crossovers prebuilt. If you aren't adept at soldering this might be a problem for you. I don't know if you can solder or not, or if the kits come with prebuilt crossovers or not. I just thought I'd throw that out there as far as something else you might need to consider.

Brian

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Brian,

Maybe I should have told you this sooner but I'm not too worried about electronics and soldering. I'm an Electronic Tech, I graduated from DeVry in ET a year and a half ago and have been soldering since HS. So I will have no problem with electronics, however I don't fully understand the design of them, I can read the schematics with no prob. It's my woodworking/finishing skills that I am unexperienced with and that's the problem I face right now.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,
You went to DeVry? Oh shit, we're in trouble now!:) Just kidding! I graduated from DeVry/Atlanta 5 years ago with a EET degree.
Anyway, good to know that soldering isn't a problem! Are you any closer to making a decision? I've lost your email address so drop me a line with the lastest! [email protected]
Brian

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
DeVry? DeVry? Years ago, I took their electronics correspondence course for grins. It was thorough, and I ended up with a six-foot length of 3-ring binders full of course material. The course included Heathkit power supply/breadboard, Heathkit oscilloscope and the Heathkit 25" color TV (the best picture quality in its day), all built and soldered by yours truly. Maybe inhaling solder fumes over the years could explain some of my bahaviors...hmmm.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Hank,
My Dad took one of those correspondence courses from DeVry years ago, too! I think you might be slightly younger than him though! :)
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks