Anyone heard of Gepco Cables?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ari, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Ari

Ari Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking for a VGA to Component breakout cable for a projector and came across avcable.com. They do custom orders and they use Gepco Cables.
    Here is their description: The cable used in this product is produced by Gepco International. It is considered a miniature cable (necessary to fit into the HD15), but it specs out better than RG59. It has a stranded center conductor for flexibility and a double shield (braid + foil). The connectors used are Canare impedance matched 75 ohm type video RCAs.
    I checked out Gepco's website (www.gepco.com) and this is the cable they intend to use: http://www.gepco.com/products/cable/...nirgbsnake.htm
    What do you guys think? I'm thinking of using it in a 45-foot run.......any problems?? How would they compare to something from Canare?
    [Edited last by Ari on September 05, 2001 at 08:41 PM]

2. ling_w

ling_w Second Unit

I looked at that cable before also. I think it specs out better than the Better cables stuff and Canare CFB of equivalent size. The only thing it does not have is solid core center conductor. But at that size, I don't think anybody has it.

3. Jeff Loughridge

Jeff Loughridge Stunt Coordinator

We use Gepco extensively for analog and AES/EBU digital signals. It's great wire.
    ------------------
    Jeff Loughridge
    Director of Engineering
    WPGC/WHFS
    Infinity Broadcasting Corp
    [email protected]