1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard of Energy discontinuing the e:XL-C2 center speaker?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Nov 6, 2001.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I am looking to replace my Energy e:XL-C center speaker with an e:XL-C2. The dealer I bought the e:XL-C from has four e:XL-C2s on order, but said they had heard a rumor that Energy was discontinuing this speaker and would then only offer the e:XL-C. Has anyone else heard this? The dealer is confident that he will get the e:XL-C2 in stock, fortunately.
    It would not make sense for Energy to discontinue the e:XL-C2. I bought the e:XL-C a year-and-a-half ago because the e:XL-C2 wasn't available yet, but now they may revert back to only offering the e:XL-C? Not only is the e:XL-C2 a better center speaker, but it has the same size drivers as my Energy e:XL 16 bookshelf speakers (6.5"), while the drivers in the e:XL-C are smaller (5.5"). I would expect Energy to continue making both models, but what do I know?
    The e:XL-C2 is only $350 and the dealer I spoke to said he will take the e:XL-C as a trade-in since I bought it from him. The e:XL-C sells for $200 new, but if I only get $100 for my speaker, I'm only out $250 for what many consider to be a much better center speaker. Hopefully this dealer will get the e:XL-C2 in stock.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime
    [Edited last by KeithH on November 06, 2001 at 06:42 AM]

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor