What's new

Anyone heard of boxed tv series.com? (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I was more referring to say if you taped an entire TV series off the air twenty years ago, and then an official DVD release was issued, wouldn't you, if you still loved the show, want the best possible version and buy the DVD?

There are countless shows that I used to tape every week, and when they were released on DVD, went out and bought right away. Even shows I taped on VHS and then had transferred to DVD when I got my DVD recorder, I still bought the offical releases.

It doesn't hurt the potential value of the show that you had copies of it on VHS and still watched and love it. If anything it made you want the studio to release an offical version so you could get rid of the VHS.

A lot of what you will find on Ebay are just multi-generational copies, nothing that anyone who is a fan of the show would want if there was an official release. Yes, they are illegal, but I don't believe they are damaging the value of the show.

I've never sold sets of TV shows on Ebay, but have seen quite a few on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks