Anyone heard anything about an Apt Pupil SE?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Hall, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

I watched the episode of "Inside the Actor's Studio" with Sir Ian MacKellan the other night, and it made me think of how good "Apt Pupil" really was, and how disappointed I was that there was no Special Edition of that film on DVD. With two other Brian Singer films getting the SE treatment on DVD (Usual Suspects and this new X-Men 2 disc set), have there been any rumblings about revisiting AP on DVD?

I did a search through the archives and came up empty handed. I certainly hope I'm not alone in wishing that a new DVD of AP would come to pass.

2. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

Apt Pupil is my favorite Bryan Singer picture. Although I doubt the studio would prepare a proper release. For me this title should not include any of the deleted footage. An instead of commentaries, a feature-length documentary covering everything from Stephen King’s original short-story to the infamous rumor of Bryan Singer showing his friends outtake footage from the controversial shower scene. The transfer on the current release does not need a touch-up. Columbia, please keep the WIDESCREEN version.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Wow, blast from the past [​IMG]
    I'd like to listen a Singer commentary, and a documentary would be nice too. With Singer's recent successes (X2, landing Supes) maybe the studio will put something out.

4. MarcusUdeh

Well he is currently helming some project about some super person.[​IMG]

5. WillG

WillG Producer

6. MarcusUdeh

7. MarcusUdeh

Apt Pupil
    The above link is a detail account of events.

8. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

I wasn't all that impressed with the movie, but the story was pretty hard to adapt and not really cause an uproar. If they did make an SE, I wonder if they'd be willing to address the "controversy". Reading the article and seeing how willing the lawyers and so-called victims were willing to destroy Singer and others because of their misperceptions and bigotry made me ill. I really hope sexual identity isn't the McCarthyism of the 2000s.