Anyone hear the new Disturbed CD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Butler, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Im digging it. Its a bit more "emotional" than Sickness.

And WTF?! about MTV not playing the Prayer video? Its not offensive or exploiting 9/11.

Thoughts on both?

2. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

So much for "Day and Date" DVD-A releases from Warner. Ah well, I gotta get get the CD now..

3. James Spraggs

James Spraggs Stunt Coordinator

Awsome disc. The last song Darkness took me by complete surprise. Never imagined I would hear a song like that from Disturbed.

4. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I picked it up yesterday and I like it. Not sure if I like it as much as Sickness but I've only listened to it twice so far and I loved Sickness. They're a great band that deserves more attention.

5. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Good stuff, a bit of a grower that gets better with more listens though it'll take some growing to better the sickness [​IMG] that cd has been played more times than i care to think at my local gym!!!
    Anyone listened to the Stonesour cd? that is very very good.

6. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I picked it up yesterday but forgot to bring it with me.

D'oh!

7. Joe McCabe

Joe McCabe Second Unit

I like it more, each time I listen to it.

I can['t compare it to Sickness, because I've never heard all of Sickness. I've liked what I have heard off of Sickness, but I haven't really bought CDs since DVDs came out. I bought Believe, because I think Prayer is an AWESOME song!

The lack of a video for it, will definately kill it's momentum. It probably would have been a huge hit, if it were getting heavy rotation on TRL.

I do see why MTV won't play the video though. People won't care what Disturbed's motivation was for the video, they'll simply see it as a play off of 9/11.

8. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

From what I've heard of it so far (my wife keeps the CD in the truck and I have to steal it from her), it sounds good. I wouldn't say it's as good as The Sickness, but it's a good follow-up.

9. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

10. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I was never a real hardcore disturbed fan, but i do like their music. I listen to System of a Down MORE, but not to say Disturbed isnt as good, they're a great band, just havent gotten around to buying their CD until now [​IMG]

11. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

12. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Overall, the new one has more songs I like than Sickness. Sickness has 4 or 5 very strong tunes but the rest is filler. Believe has solid stuff throughout the whole thing. I think they've hit their stride.