What's new

anyone hear the new audiomobile MASS 2400 series? (1 Viewer)

ShannonS

Auditioning
I have not heard it, but I would like to see the 12" modeled in various enclosures. I would think this would be a good alternative to many of the high excursions available today.

Any of the Unibox pros willing to help with this?

Audiomobile M 2412 S4

Freq Response 20 – 600 Hz.
Sensitivity 89 dB
Impedance 4 Ohm
Re VC parallel 3.2
RMS 650 Watts
RMS Maximum 1,200 Watts
Minimum 150 Watts
Fs 23 Hz.
QMS 6.4
Qes .52
QTS .45
VAS cu ft/L 3.3’ / 91 L
Max. Excursion 60 mm
Xmax linear one way 25.8 mm/1.0”
BL 12.3 TM
Sd/LMS 77 / .050
MMd 158 g
Voice Coil Diam 3.2”
Driver Weight 32 lbs.
Magnet Weight 160 oz.
Volume of Driver .12’

Seth_L

Screenwriter
This is slightly OT, but most people here would never buy anything from Audiomobile due to the way their owner Matt Overpeck (sp?) attacked Dan Wiggins and Adire audio on several internet forums. I don't have the links handy to the threads right now, but it was so unprofessional and so unbecoming for a company that most of the DIY crowd who are aware of it wouldn't by anything from his company no matter how good it is.

I know that I won't give them any business because I will not support a company that behaves in such a fashion.

Seth

Rudy H

Stunt Coordinator
Seth, his comments on driver design as a general whole were quite entertaining as well :)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Personaly I couldn't care less about their "disagreements",I wan't the best there is.
So how much is this new driver,is it on their website yet?

ShannonS

Auditioning
I wasn't privy to the attacks, and I can understand those that would not want to patronize that company for that reason alone. However, I have read some nasty things about the owner of SVS as well - some of his comments and attacks. Frankly, they are all trying to wrangle their part of the DIY market, and when it comes to money, some people are unbecoming. I would still buy an SVS sub if I was in the market for a monolithic tube (I am not) despite the fact that I don't care for the owner. That's because no matter how petty the owners get, for the consumer it's a matter of performance, price, and customer service. I have to agree, I want the best sub for the money.
I would think there are enough people on this forum that feel the same way. But I guess if you don't buy an Adire or Parts Express driver, then you are not welcome on this forum. If blacklisting is the name of the game here, I can spend my time elsewhere.
Lewis - check www.audiomobileinc.com. There are different prices shown on different parts of the site, but they are 10% off right now.

ShannonS

Auditioning
Looks like Stryke has something in the works as well:

"Well, the original drivers in that price range were supposed to be replacements for the Lambda woofers. Things are on hold with that now.
I will most likely have some TC drivers in that pricerange sometime this year. No details yet.

Currently we are working on an improved TC underhung woofer. This will be the answer to the XBL woofers Adire is now making. We plan to take things much farther. Even more linear BL curve without the ripple in it, copper faraday to further lower distortion and inductance, suspension capable of 42-45mm. These drivers should be right around the $300 pricerange.

I also plan to measure the suspension curve. The BL curve should actually increase as it goes out from the center. This way, as the suspension stiffens, there is more BL to compensate for it. It's not enough to get a flat BL curve, you have to have flat force with respect to compliance.

I plan to have a couple prototypes next week. This will take a little while to get everything ironed out. We need to fully beak-in the suspension of a few drivers before the Cms curves can be measured. I'm looking for sometime this fall to release these drivers."

John

-------------------------------------

This is a response to a question I posted in the Stryke forum.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Shannon,
First off, welcome to the forum!
I can assure you that all are welcome here at the HTF. In addition to Adire and drivers from Parts Express, Blueprint drivers, Stryke, GR-Research (for non subs) and many others are talked about here. The main reason I can think of that Audiomobile drivers don't get much talk here is that you can get as good or better drivers from (IMO) more intelligent, better customer serving, and generally nicer people/companies.
In the threads where Dan Wiggins and Matt Overpeck had words there was more to it than just arguing over sub drivers. Dan consistently posted mathematical facts and 3rd party test results while Matt ran around in circles chasing his tail and calling Adire/Dan a liar. It was a clear case of knowledgeable vs. whiny. If Matt does know his stuff he certainly didn't portray it and that causes me (and I'm sure there are others) to have a severe lack of confidence in him and would not buy his product because of that.
Adire will have a new driver coming out, the Tumult, that looks to be a whole lot better than the MASS 2400 series drivers for about the same cost. It's specs can be seen Link Removed if you have not read about it already.
Glad to have you here,
Dan Hine

MikeAcc

Agent
I was around on the different car audio forums when Matt Vs. everyone took place. Based on Matt's performance....or lack thereof, I would not, and will not buy any items from Audiomobile. It was not just attacks to Dan Wiggins, but those to regular consumers that posted. Dan Hine is correct, Wiggins, Manville Smith(JL Audio) and one other, I belive it was the owner of DEI Electronics, The Image Dynamics dude was involved here and there, continually flogged matt with data, tests, and basic driver knowledge, Matt just complained.

I will agree, the Audiomobile subs are fine performers, especially in car, and for a while, were the xmax leaders.

Shannon, I do not believe, one gets blacklisted for not buying these products.

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Quote:
"Shannon, I do not believe, one gets blacklisted for not buying these products."
Well said Mike. I couldn't agree with you more. As Dan put it, I can assure you that all are welcome here at the HTF. In fact, new or different drivers and or ideas are always brought to the table for discussion. It just so happens that most of the time they end up being inferior for good, factual reasons. Not because they aren't "main" stream, come on. A typical example being the: Look at this new 15" cool looking sub with high x-max and huge chrome magnet on sale for $150. Problem is it has a Fs of 39 Hz. Who is going to use that dog for HT??? Not me or anyone else who knows how to build a sub. Those particular companies you talked about have a strong backing for a reason. DAMN good products for the money. Hell Shannon, you said it yourself: "I want the best sub for the money."
It just so happens that price/value wise there is nothing that is as good as what we are using. Find us something better than what we are currently using & I'm sure we we jump all over it. Let the best man/company/driver win. American capitalism at it's best .
Another reason these companies get so much of our business could possibly be due to the fact that they have great customer support. I've dealt 1st hand with SVS (Tom), GR (Danny), Stryke (John), and Adire (Dan) and everyone was A+!!! Great people.
TO: SVS, GR, Stryke, PE, Blueprint, and Adire, keep making the best products out there & we'll keep buying them!
P.S. If your wondering.....Yes, I own a Tempest and LOVE it :D

ShannonS

Auditioning
Dan, thanks for your comments, but the Tumult is a 15" and what we are asking for is a model based on a 12". Right now, Adire's 12" Shiva is probably the best - or one of the best - at it's price point. Not necessarily the best driver available. I don't want or need a 15" driver.

Has anyone tried to buy a Blueprint driver lately? You can't because the site is shut down.

I am not trying to defend anyone, just asking for unbiased opinions based on the specs of the driver. I wouldn't think that any company could legally post false information about the performance specs of it's driver. As I understand it, an Audiomobile driver is used in the Aerial sub, which is one of the most highly acclaimed subs available at retail. That's good enough for me to at least consider an Audiomobile driver for a HT sub.

I have to agree that Dan is one of the more upfront and knowledgeable owners out there, and I won't dispute the comments on "Matt." In fact, if I was in the market for a 15", a Tumult would be at the top of my list. If you will re-read the title of this thread, it asks if anyone has heard the Audiomobile driver, not for personal comments about the owners of these companies.

Paul and Lewis, guess we are out of luck on this forum. The water is tainted.

ShannonS

Auditioning
Jack -

I stand corrected on the manufacturer. Considering TC Sounds does not sell drivers directly to the public, it's one and the same as far as I am concerned. The best I can tell only place you can get a 12" driver made by TC Sounds is from Audiomobile - unless you own a SVS sub.

If you will read my original post (the one with the specs), that's what I originally asked - for someone more fluent in Unibox to model the driver. I have readily admitted that I am not well versed in using the Unibox software.

Melodromatic? How about frustrated.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Considering TC Sounds does not sell drivers directly to the public, it's one and the same as far as I am concerned. The best I can tell only place you can get a 12" driver made by TC Sounds is from Audiomobile - unless you own a SVS sub.
I don't know if I agree with that. That's like saying a Shiva/Tempest from Adire is one and the same as a DVC 12"/15" from Parts Express since they are both manufactured by Eminence. While they're very similar, I'd not use either as a direct drop in replacement for the other.

Brian

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Melodromatic? How about frustrated.
Ok. :) You come across as intelligent enough to master Unibox in short thrift, why not give it a whirl?
Thanks for posting John's info. about the new Stryke, looks like fun. I love competition. :emoji_thumbsup:
Anyway, it looks pretty good to me in various alignments, but after running all the Tumult sims, it's tough to be impressed. I know you don't want a 15", but I assume that's for box size reasons (?). From some quick Unibox sims, the Audiomobile needs about the same size sealed box as the Tumult for a Qtc of .707, ~47 liters. The Tumult will be far more linear at any output, and has much more output potential, looking especially good in a LT box, and is slightly more sensitive.

ShannonS

Auditioning
I did and I keep getting a driver configuration error. Probably having to do with the fact that Le Le2 and Re2 figures are not entered. I have to figure out how to calculate those numbers. You wouldn't want to e-mail me your database spreadsheet, would you?

I don't want a 16x16x13 box with a 15" driver in it. That's what I am getting in order to get down to a 47L (internal volume) box.

Anyway, I am just going to wait until Stryke comes out with something. There is also a rumour that TC Sounds is working on an online retail business. I am trying to confirm it now. I am sure I will get better help in dealing with someone trying to sell me one.

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
Wow thanks for answering my question, I have found these forms getting worse and worse as of late. Instead of people answering the question they go off on some tangent. I don't care if you have some problem with these people, It was a simple question.

MikeAcc

Agent
Paul,
Here are a couple of forums that might be able to help you out better.
Link Removed
www.sounddomain.com
www.soundillusions.net
www.caraudioforum.com
These are car audio forums, people there are more apt to have used/heard the audiomobile products. Use the search functions, plenty of info on Mass subs.
i have not heard the sub in question, but other Audiomobile products have impressed me....but as I stated earlier, I will not support a company run by the likes of Matt.
As for tangents, make sure you check out some of the customer support problems people in the car audio word have had with Audiomobile.
You may also want to find out if the posted specs are correct, plenty of the car audio big wigs mentioned in my previous post, have found half truths and contradictory figures.
You may not care what I think of Audiomobile, but it should matter what other industry leaders think of their marketing tactics.
ShannonS., TC Sounds has their hands in plenty of the car audio subs, not just Audiomobile. If a good car sub is of interest, check out the Crystal CMP or CMPx, they are TC Sounds. The Stryke HE-15 is also a TC Sounds creation...I believe.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Paul, I would definitely recommend the car audio forums instead of wasting your time here.

Shannon, I e-mailed you the file for Tumult.

MikeAcc

Agent
Here you guys go, Mr Overpeck in all his delusional glory:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...threadid=99754
Form your own opinions.
I have not checked the car forums in awhile. Surprised to see Matt still taking the wood. I will give him credit, persistant booger, definately a glutton for punishment.
In this thread Dan points out some of the spec inconsistancies, and even offers to purchase one for a DUMAX test, check out Matt's duck and roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks