anyone hear of marsh?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Krogul, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Adam Krogul

Adam Krogul Stunt Coordinator

can across a good deal on the pre amp and 2 channel amp...
    i looked for various review but didn't find any... it looks like quiality stuff but i just don't know.. anyone have some input?
    here's their home page
    http://www.marshsounddesign.com/
    l8rz,
    adam

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

I've seen several Marsh pieces go for many, many hundreds of dollars on eBay, if that tells you anything. Class A amps, usually.

- CM

3. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

Interesting, I just got a Marsh a400s (2X200) amp yesterday, it retails for $2300, I have read a few articles on it, the Absolute sound article where it won the "golden ear award" which is available on their website, I also did a search and found 2 more (I think 1 was the "secrets" website). They have great things to say about the amp, one of the articles compares it to 6-$10,000 amps in quality and sound, Richard Marsh is a pioneer in the industry and He is supposed to be very good.

the thing is huge over 7" tall, 19" wide, 18+" deep (it dwarfs all my other equipt), so far I am VERY impressed with it and it sounds better than my old rotel. I will give more info as I listen more and have more to say.

4. Dave Crigna

Dave Crigna Stunt Coordinator

Very Good Amps. Have heard them a few times and was impressed. There are better but at what cost. At least double the price imho. If you can get a good deal on them I say go for it. Hey rodney, just curious of where you picked up your marsh at. I live in socal as well.

5. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

Dave, I didn't get it here locally, I will e-mail you the info when i get to my home computer.

6. Adam Krogul

well you will be happy to know that i did pick up the amp(a400s) and pre-amp(2000b), and all i can say is wow....

that amp is unbelivably huge!!! im running a pair of veritas 1.8's and i couldn't believe the differece it made coming from a Denon reciever. I always hear that amp and pre amp are better but now i have seen the light.

thanks for your posts.

btw- rodney how do you like the blinding indigo blue light?

l8rz,

adam

7. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

Adam, I actually have a red light, I was a bit disappointed in that, the blue looks so cool on the web-site, but I bought a demo and didn't know it was a red one, not really a big deal, but I did like the blue. What do you think of the blue, I am actually considering putting ablue on in, if it makes it look that much better, which it seems to

8. Adam Krogul

oh man the blue is awsome.... im not sure if its a regular blue led though.... b/c i have some blue leds on my computer case that i put in, but they dont even come close to being as bright/or as dark blue as this one....

personally i love the way that amp/pre amp looks ( i like the silver style of all my equip)....

honestly i can't even imagine what the red would look like.... i would definitley try to go blue...

l8rz,

adam

btw... did you break it in yet?

9. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

Ya, I bought a demo so it is broken in, maybe that is why I have a red light? Maybe I will send them an e-mail and ask for a blue LED, would it be heard to replace? I wouldn't think so.

10. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

All,

I'm the guy at Secrets that reviewed the A400S... My only complaint about the amplifier is that the warranty is too short.

On one hand, the commentary about build quality, on the other hand, a 2 year warranty is all that's provided.

The two aren't in agreement IMO.

Regards,

11. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

John, as far as the Warrentee issues, that will not be a problem for me, personally. I have a very good connection to the company.

I just need to somehow find out about the blue light. I guess I could drop them an e-mail??