Anyone hear of E&W? Help me on my decision b4 I drop $350 on this unknown Power Amp!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Kao, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

I can get the E&W ES-2000 2000 watt power amp for $350... do you guys think it's worth the risk considering it's made from an unknown company? I can't even find a webpage for them!
    Perhaps someone has heard of E&W and can atest to the quality of their products? Well here's a couple pictures: link
    and here are the specs:
    link
    The thing that caught my eye was the bridged mode specs. It states that it does 2000 watts bridged at 8 ohms, but at 4 ohms it's rated at 2000 Watts +-1bD... why wouldn't the rating be higher and what does +-1bD denote?
    Well anyway, I talked to the guy over e-mail and this is what he says about the product:

2. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

What are you planning to power with this?

Specs look ok but who knows how accurate they are. I'd be careful.

3. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

I'll be using it to power a Buttkicker II, and possibly a Buttkicker I will be added in the near future. I'd get the Carvin DCM2000, but right now I'm a bit strapped for cash [​IMG]

4. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

I don't know why you can't find their webpage. I found it, just like the first link said, at www.ewiusa.net
    Let me know how they perform, I'd like a new amp or two, and at that price, their smaller units must be pretty cheap!
    Sam

5. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

That's the resellers website, I'm talking about a non-existant manufacturers website.

6. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

Sorry for questioning this, but on the front page it says: