What's new

Anyone hear of E&W? Help me on my decision b4 I drop $350 on this unknown Power Amp! (1 Viewer)

Mike Kao

Second Unit
I can get the E&W ES-2000 2000 watt power amp for $350... do you guys think it's worth the risk considering it's made from an unknown company? I can't even find a webpage for them!
Perhaps someone has heard of E&W and can atest to the quality of their products? Well here's a couple pictures: Link Removed
and here are the specs:
link
The thing that caught my eye was the bridged mode specs. It states that it does 2000 watts bridged at 8 ohms, but at 4 ohms it's rated at 2000 Watts +-1bD... why wouldn't the rating be higher and what does +-1bD denote?
Well anyway, I talked to the guy over e-mail and this is what he says about the product:
This is a top of the line piece of PRO AUDIO GEAR! These amps are somewhat unknown in the U.S., but are widely used in other parts of the world.
As well as being a distributor for these amps, I also am the co-owner of a regional class sound and lighting company. Before acquiring this line of amps, I had racks of QSC Powerlites. I have since dumped all my Powerlites and replaced them with these. I know of no other amp that has the power to weight ratio that these have, while sipping power from the wall. At clip into a 4 ohm load these draw a paltry 9 amps. I have run 5 KW of these on one 20 amp 110volt outlet all night long.
P.S. These were marketed in the US through the late 1990's by Electro Voice. The ES-2000 was marketed as the EV 2.0KW and retailed for about $2K. There are still plenty of reviews available on the web if you look around.
You guys think I should risk it? $350 for a 2000 watt amp is real tempting, & I am on a tight budget afterall.

Ned

Supporting Actor
What are you planning to power with this?

Specs look ok but who knows how accurate they are. I'd be careful.

Mike Kao

Second Unit
I'll be using it to power a Buttkicker II, and possibly a Buttkicker I will be added in the near future. I'd get the Carvin DCM2000, but right now I'm a bit strapped for cash :frowning:

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know why you can't find their webpage. I found it, just like the first link said, at Link Removed
Let me know how they perform, I'd like a new amp or two, and at that price, their smaller units must be pretty cheap!
Sam

Mike Kao

Second Unit
That's the resellers website, I'm talking about a non-existant manufacturers website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks