What's new

Anyone Hear of a band called Luxt?! Recommended for Rock/Metal fans (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
To anyone who likes Korn, Deftones, NIN, System of a Down or just plain old industrial metal; I highly advise you check this band out. I just saw them live this weekend for the first time and they kicked my ass!!

www.luxt.com

It has general info about the band and has a link to MP3.com to check out some tunes. They are a Sacramneto based band but have played around the US as well. They are on an indie label but need to hit it big.

Check em out!!

PS the lead singer is a female with a set of pipes on her!! And she is Uber-hot!

:D

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I like....... The voice kinda sounds like the chick from Guano Apes............ I was only able to listen to the 4 tracks from MP3.com but I really like "infinite" .....

R~

P.S. I just purchased there new album .... Should get it in a couple of days.....Thanks for the heads up....Have never heard of them before......

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
You scared me a little with the bands listed above (since I don't like most of them), but they do rock pretty hard. Kinda makes me think of Gwen Stefani in a metal band..

Jason

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
For hard edged music with agressive female vocals, you may also want to try a Seattle band called DXD:

http://seattlemusicweb.com/dxd/

or

www.dxdrocks.com (new website not quite finished yet)

In addition to the four songs available for download, they have a new CD coming out shortly. Their new music has gotten even more agresssive.

It's quite funny when you see this band live, as those who have not seen them before can't believe that a very small female can sing with a voice like this. They think the band is just joking with them when she first walks on stage. Then those same people's jaws drop open when she delivers the first vocals.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Very cool another band to check out......If you like luxt you might want to check out Guano Apes, they only have the one album but it freaking rocks!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up,,,,

R~

P.S. Anybody else have any female bands that are good with an edge to them?

P.S.S. My luxt album should be here anyday, can't wait to get my hands on it!!!!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Ok having the album for some time now....... Here is what I have to say about it. Well considering I can't get it out my car cd player, I freaking love this band, love it. I can't get enough of them. I have tried to order there other albums from there website but them seem to be on back order.

Anybody know where else I can get my hands on there other albums.

Great stuff and thanks for the info that lead me to them....

R~

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Well I was finally able to get my hands on Luxt's Chromasex Monkeydrive.... Man they just freaking rock... I can't get enough of them..........

R~

P.S. talk about bringing back an old thread...lol....

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Rhett,

I was kinda shocked seeing this thread on the main music page. :laugh:

I have both Beast and Monkeydrive but cant find the old ones either. Since they are local to my area and I see one of the members around town Ill see what I can do.

If you dont mind my asking where do you live?

Matt

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
A couple months ago I found "American Beast" in a used CD show. ($1.99 baby!) I've enjoyed it ever since.

Jason

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Rhett,
I was checking their website and they are taking orders for a few of their older cds now. I guess they are being reissued.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Matt...

Thanks for the heads up. I just purchased the following two disks:

Spite E.P. Remixes (BOOTLEG - NO ARTWORK)
Jezabel

Hopefully I get them soon...

Thanks again
R~

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I listened to some samples from American Beast. Really liked the music, loved her voice.

In fact, on initial listen, I was very ready to buy the album. Then I read the lyrics to the songs.

The lyrics really turn me off. Perhaps I'm just too sheltered or uptight, but song after song talking about how awful life is, glorifying hatred and violence....ick. Songs about real life - and all its attendent highs and lows - I like. Songs that head in only direction - down - I avoid.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Matt...

Back at yeah!!!!

For those of you who haven't heard this band.... To me they simply rock IMHO!!! Since I was turned on to them I have been grabbing anything I can by them and let me tell you it all rocks!!!!! I do not know why this band has not been spotted and signed and put out to the masses........

Can't get enough of them!

R~

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Rhett,
From what I heard they were offered to be signed with Maverick but they couldnt agree on a deal. Lets just say ego and stupidity got in the way.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
From what I heard they were offered to be signed with Maverick but they couldnt agree on a deal. Lets just say ego and stupidity got in the way.
Getting signed is not the be all and end all people assume it is. Making carless business decisions is the quickest way to ending your career. If the deal was no good, I applaud them for declining, that takes guts.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Getting signed is not the be all and end all people assume it is. Making carless business decisions is the quickest way to ending your career. If the deal was no good, I applaud them for declining, that takes guts.
I can understand what youre saying. I heard they wanted to sign Luxt to a 3 year deal; but the band wanted a longer deal and wanted lawyers to get involved. Mind you this is hearsay from an aquaintance who knows the band. (Theyre local to me.)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I heard they wanted to sign Luxt to a 3 year deal; but the band wanted a longer deal and wanted lawyers to get involved.
I wouldn't even THINK of looking at a recording contract without competant legal advice, and I have looked at a LOT of contracts over the years. These are binding agreements that have a lot of loopholes, a lot of obligations, and usually some very convoluted accounting. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained heretofore, you had better have your legal counsel go through any recording deal with a fine tooth comb before signing your life and rights away for a couple thousand dollars. It is not only what is in the contract, but what isn't. This is exactly how bands get screwed out of millions of dollars, and end up serving Whoppers to make a living.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks