What's new

Anyone hear know Dan Ackroyd? Info/Help Needed. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I know it's a long shot, but the detective in me needs an answer to this mystery :).

Apparently, a Ghostbuster website was talking to the folks who where supposedly in charge of a Ghostbuster Franchise revival. They said Dan Ackroyd was involved, and they even put up some prototype scans and images of the 4 guys in grey updated for the 2003 era.

No new info was forthcoming for months, untill we where told to watch for an announcment May 1st. None came, and a few days after May 1st, ALL the artwork and mentions of this new revival had been deleted from the site. Any posts on the message board refering to it where immediatly deleted without explination..

I'm hoping someone here may know Mr.Ackroyd, orsomeone in charge at Columbia, who might be able to shed some light on the subject, since I'd assume they'd WANT to get the word out since they where looking for fan opinions on the matter..

If it isn't a hoax, the ONLY other thing I could think of is they want to make the announcment themselves at an event like Comic Con, and asked the site to take down all info regarding it....but now that seems likley.

As said earlier, this is a long shot, but the worlds a small place :)

Thanks!

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Vince -

Does it involve sci-fi comic book nerds driving cross country to kidnap Mark Hamill and make the ultimate star wars fan flick?:wink:

James T

Screenwriter
I don't know anything about the May 1st date, but GB3 is dead. Ackroyd was pretty much the only one who wanted to really, really do it. Ernie Hudson said he'd be interested in plenty of interviews because of the fun he had in the first two. Harold Ramis and Ivan Reitman showed little to no interest while Bill Murray did not want anything to do with it. I think the GB3 project depended on whether Murray was interested in doing it or not.

I wish I saved the link, but it was awhile ago and it was with Ackroyd telling a Canadian newspaper that GB3 is dead.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The beauty of my Script is that only Ackroyd makes an appearance (with a small opportunity for a cameo by Murray). The plot for GB1 was rehashed for #2 in a paint-by-numbers manner-- I think a complete restart is in order.

Imagine:
Ghostbusters is a franchise, like Kinkos, in stripmalls across the country. The 3rd installment follows 4 disgruntled and tired employees of a NJ franchise (Played by Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Don Cheadle and a 4th actore to be named). The storyline and modd would be closer to Ackroyd initial treatment for the film (with the ghostbusters being frustrated and tired of their job).

:)

Vince

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
I think Rick gave up acting to focus on raising his kids.

Uhh, was that from raising them back up to full size, or raising them from the grip of hozer?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks