anyone having problems using those vB buttons?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Lee, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i think that's what they're called? the bold, italic, underline, etc buttons?

anyway, when i click on mine, instead of putting up the box to type the text, it puts the first part of the html tag (?) in the message box.

so, i click the bold button, and i get "" in the message box...that's it.

it happens with almost all the buttons. i think spoiler works okay...

ted

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    No I am getting getting this. What browser are you using and what version? Do you allow javascript to be used with your browser? I just test them out in IE 6.02, Netscape 4.79, Netscape 6.2 and Opera 6.1 and they all work fine. This is on a PC.

Parker

3. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

This only happens to me if I have the Enhanced Mode selected under the vB Code option. With the normal mode I get the pop-up box as expected.

- Jeff

PS - I apologize if other members are not suppose to respond in the feedback threads.

4. Parker Clack

Parker
    Jeff:

No problem. That is what this feedback area is for. The only problem we have is when members use the feedback area to complain about something that one of the moderators has done or complain about a forum rule. That we want members to take to email instead of posting it on the forum.

Hmm.....I will have to check out the advanced function as I never use it.

Parker

5. Parker Clack

Parker
    Jeff and Ted:

Ok....I think I have this figured out. Since I don't use the enhanced mode I never noticed this.

The enhanced mode is so when you hit the B I U S C it will just put the corresponding vB code into the text. Then you just type the text you want and then click on the X next to the Close Current Tag. This will put the closing [ /B ], [ /I ] tags (without the spaces) into the body of the text.

If you use the normal mode a text box pops up and you just type the text you want in there.

The enhanced mode would be used more for larger amounts of text that you want to use where as the normal mode would be for just typing in a short sentence.

Parker

6. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

thanks all -

for some reason, i must have accidently clicked the 'enhanced mode' feature yesterday. obviously, that's not a mode i normally use...

today it shows 'normal mode'.

thanks again...

ted