Anyone have Thunder 12.3 3^3' Plans?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Ziuck, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Ziuck

Ziuck Auditioning

Anyone? I can't seem to find them. I read it has an internal brace and am not sure how that is made and what the internal dimensions are.

Thanks!

2. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

I built mine with double-layered MDF and I was able to do it without the internal brace. It weighs a ton, though. Internally (HxWxD): 19"x15"x17". Passive radiators are centered on sides. Woofer is centered horizontally and 11.5" up from the bottom. At least on mine, anyway. At that position, the woofer's center is equidistant from the top edge and the two side edges.

Lots of people say this sub with the AV12 is a nice combo, and I would agree. I think the passive radiators run out of gas anywhere below 20 Hz at high volumes. With 500 watts I have been able to make this thing really freak out on 20Hz sinewave tests. You won't find these limits using normal or even particularly challenging program material, but the limits are there. Of course I tested this thing in a room that has an open doorway into the biggest room in the house, so it was having to move a LOT of air to get that 20 Hz out at all. With a driver with less excursion, you probably won't reach the PRs' limits. I like the performance of this sub for music as well as movie effects. It keeps its head on the challenging bass lines a lot better than most of the ported subs I have encountered.